End Of The Strike And Future Plans

alex28

Maybe some people have one major problem with addic7ed,
it's kind of philanthropist, helping people, just for the love of it.

Not for money, not for fame. Even worse, it gets appreciated.

May it be a lack of love they received, resulting in the
inability to bear, that other people get love, for things,
they, themselves, would never do.

Selfishness is a tricky creature. It can hide
itself inside you, fooling you, letting you think,
you're actually having an argument, not
recognizing, it's just jealousy.

Could explain why some people just don't stop
talking, or never have anything good to say.

So much trouble on a week end day,
you people at addic7ed, I hope you
get some rest and ease of mind,
until the week starts again.

• Like 2

Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

Yes, that was the whole idea but apparently it had no result. We did not win, he did not win, the users did (and some of you were right, you shouldn't be in the middle of this).

Well a Strike is not always about winning or not, it's about principles, it's about defending your rights and your believes.
  • Like 3

I'm glad this is over and you guys had every right to go on strike.I noticed yesterday that with addicted down most of the subtitle sites didnt have any subs for the series for like a day.I have been using addicted for a few months now but I had no idea that most sub sites take the subtitles from you.Anyway I'm glad its over , finding subtitles when addicted is down is almost impossible :)

Well a Strike is not always about winning or not, it's about principles, it's about defending your rights and your believes.

Exactly!

But unfortunately there are people out there that believe that because this is the internet principles, rights and believes do not apply... and no matter how hard you try to explain it at the end of the day they just don't get it.

Anyway, glad to see addicted back and tnx for the great work you're doing.
  • Like 1

It was never my intention to post any comment but what a hate comments from some so called members.

If you ask me:

Please go away and stay away.angry.gif

If i was the owner from this site i would ban your IP address immediately.

There must be something wrong with you to add rude comment to people who are spending their time for YOU!

I think it's rude and it would be better to show some respect to the crew.

It´s great that this strike is over. You do a great job here at addic7ed.com and i thank you for that.

English is not my first language so having english subtitle with the TV shows is important to me, if i missed a word or didn´t understand 100% , or whatever.

Great to have you back getting out great quality subtitles, and thanks again for your great work. smile.gif

best regards

I will continue to use your subs as subtitulos.es might also do and there is nothing you can do about that cause that's how internet works. That is exactly what I am trying to explain the whole day. Your so called strike was pointless and childish and you are NOW acknowledging that yourself by NOW deciding to ignore that website.

No, it is *not* how the Internet works. It is how a primitive society works. Apes would be wonderfully suited by your description and your concepts.

Since I do not, though, live in a cave, I will not spend time trying to teach you common sense. It would be as pointless as trying to teach an ape.

Alex, honeybunny, and the rest of the team: many many many warm thank you's :)
  • Like 1

Only a few hours strike !
Come to France to learn how to make a real strike :-)

Pffff I see our reputation lives up to its expectations with people like you :P

I just registered to thank you guys for the hard and so perfect work you're doing.

Un grand merci :)
  • Like 1

Thanks for seeing the light addi7ed and im sorry if i was too critical about the strike.. i was upset that the best sub site ever was gonna be shut down over an dickhead like gabriel.

If i was the owner from this site i would ban your IP address immediately.

There must be something wrong with you to add rude comment to people who are spending their time for YOU!

I think it's rude and it would be better to show some respect to the crew.

I am grateful about the work that is being done here.
All of my posts have been about this so called strike and how futile it is to try and control the information on the internet.

Your post continues to show that people don't understand how things work.
Ever heard of dynamic IP addresses and proxy servers? They can ban my current IP address but they can't stop me from accessing the information even if they want to. I will use another IP or another Proxy server.
There was really no point in the strike and they need to understand that.
Welcome to the real world.

Get back under Gabriel's desk where you belong.

I'm not sure it's polically correct, but I love your tits !

Le mensonge et la crédulité s'accouplent et engendrent l'opinion. (Paul Valérie)

All of my posts have been about this so called strike and how futile it is to try and control the information on the internet.

Ever heard of dynamic IP addresses and proxy servers? They can ban my current IP address but they can't stop me from accessing the information even if they want to. I will use another IP or another Proxy server.

If you are grateful, then stop being an ass. It's just disrespectful. No matter what you think, they do it for free, if they want to strike to make a point they can, if they want to close shop, they can. They are not obligated to anyone. So speaking of someone that just doesn't understand how things work.

It's not futile, maybe in your opinion it is, but obviously you've never been on the side they are on. Someday something will happen to you and you'll think, wow now I know how they felt. They proved the point they wanted to make, so keep saying it was futile, blah blah, but it wasn't. They held out on releasing subs and it caused all the sites that leech off their work to grind to a halt and revert back to how it used to be before Addic7ed started.

Believe me, if they wanted to keep you from accessing their site they could but they are nice people.
  • Like 1

There was really no point in the strike and they need to understand that?
That's what you say. But it's surprising that how many people said similar things before about the strikes that allowed to our society to become what it is now. That allowed us to have the rights of a vote in our democracy, our rights as workers, etc. (talking about western world). And I'm not saying that you are a totalitarian of any kind, its only that sometimes you have to commplain even you know that you can't win.

When you're not heard, you take measures to be taken seriously. And clearly, it worked, because it was handled with intelligence.
It's not because it's internet that everything should be free, available and always considered as a due.
The goal was not to control information, it's not even information because it's their work, their subtitles, they do whatever they want with.

You just act like a spoiled rotten ass.
  • Like 3

It takes a great man / woman to apologize, especially when you have nothing to be sorry for...
I think you ended this ugly business in the most dignified way possible, and this strike put some things into perspective.

good job and thanks for everything!!!!

• Like 1