Subtitle Edit (open source subtitle editor)

Nikse

This is absolutely the finest and best subtitle program I have ever seen or worked with! :) I really commend you for making it! your my hero! B)

@geirdm Space Cowboy!

Thx GeirDM :)

Also, new fresh version out: http://www.nikse.dk ( direct download link: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SE291.rar )

Change log:
* New: Fix common errors - Fix Spanish inverse question/exclarmation marks (thx sapin1)
* New: Options -> Settings -> General : Auto detect ANSI encoding option (thx dny238)
* New: File -> Import text. This will import text files without time codes and will need manual work in Tools -> Create/adjust lines
* New: File -> Import times codes
* New: Point syncronization. Syncronize via 2 or more points (visual or manual time code)
* New: Can now read/write Youtube sbv files
* Improved: Import subtitle with manual chosen encoding now has preview (thx dny238)
* Improved: Now uses unicode font (Lucida Sans Unicode) in WinXP for music symbols
* Improved: Better support for Polish (thx Krystian)
* Improved: Spell check can now resume + no blinking when spell checking (thx kb-r)
* Improved: Remember video file between dialogs

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

thanks, I will check this out. Need something to spellcheck, am using subtitle workshop for syncing and it does the job nicely

• 1 month later...

Subtitle Edit updated to version 2.9.3 :)

Can now use vlc as built-in media player + many minor fixes/improvements.

Change log:
* Bugfix: Spell check crash fixed - thx Chamallow :)
* Bugfix: Point syncronization: Sync points can now be made in any order.
* New: Romanian language added - thx Gabriel :)
* New: French language added (not entirely completed) - thx zwim :)
* New: Ocr via image compare can now be made right-to-left - Thx Reza :)
* New: Create/adjust lines - a few minor improvements/fixes.
* New: Now remembers time from "Adjust display time" + textbox is now in overwrite mode (thx Krzysztof)
* Improved: Reads MicroDVD and MPL2 subtitles with errors better (thx Krzysztof)
* Improved: Can now use VLC 1.1.x as Video Player (Options -> Settings -> Video Player: VLC)
* Improved: "Remove text for hearing impaired" has several minor improvements (thx sialivi/eMWu)
* Improved: A few fixes in "Fix overlapping time codes" (thx David)
* Improved: The log in "Fix common errors" now works better

http://www.nikse.dk

Subtitle Edit updated to version 2.9.3 :)

[...]

Hi there

I started using version 2.9.1. since you launch it, as an alternative to what I normally use, that means Subtitle Workshop.
What you recommend to us, I would say, it is more "sympathetic" as the interface.
I think it would be more useful if a translation would have a SW style.
Why I say that?
Using option Translated by Google, we will work directly on getting text translated, without we can... (except when we open, for example, in Notepad, in another window) ...to check the translation of the text that we translate. ( I guess you notice what kind of translation Google offer ;) )
How about that? (and no, I don't want another SW version, I want S.E. to be more friendly to use in translation mode).

Thank you

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Using option Translated by Google, we will work directly on getting text translated, without we can... (except when we open, for example, in Notepad, in another window) ...to check the translation of the text that we translate. ( I guess you notice what kind of translation Google offer ;) )
How about that?

Hi Doc!

"Tools -> Translation helper" can show the original subtitle... but I agree it looks pretty poor, and it only shows current line.

What about this: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SEBeta.rar (Press ctrl+alt+o to open an alternate subtitle) ?

Good morning,

I don't want to understand that S.E. it would not do a good job. It does, and doing it well.
But ...
...version of the translation, to be in the same window with the translated text, seems to me that it is easier to work with it, I mean the line which you translate, to match with the translated line.

Ideally, it would be great if you can make changes including translation, meaning you can delete lines without affecting its translated text (I hope I was coherent and explicit :D ).
But this is the ideal way.

All the best,

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi doc!

Yes, I think I got it... well, I just might have ;)

New beta uploaded again: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SEBeta.rar
Please note that "translator mode" might not work perfect - it's just a quick test.

The beta should display the original text inside the listview, as an extra column. That was what you meant, right?
Use shortcut or Tools -> Show original text (translator mode)

[...]
New beta uploaded again: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SEBeta.rar
Please note that "translator mode" might not work perfect - it's just a quick test.
[...]

That is what I'm talking about ! :D

Thank you and congratulations for your job.

And that's all the praise.:D
Let's go (again) to serious things.:)
Besides how work Swedish to Danish translation (which I can not check it :D ), other languages (installed) assume it works just as spelling, right? (I'm not talking here about menu or GUI ).
I mean, it would be cool to download dictionaries from the links that you provided in the program, directly to the Dictionary folder (of course, SE users must indicate the path WHERE SE program is installed, a little BROWSE button/control) and not fumble around, from internet download folder to SE folder. :)

What do you think about?

All the best,

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi doc!

>I mean, it would be cool to download dictionaries from the links that you provided in the program, directly to the Dictionary folder
Not the easiest thing to do... but I've made an attempt: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SEBeta.rar (use Tools -> Get dictionaries)

[...]
Not the easiest thing to do... but I've made an attempt: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SEBeta.rar (use Tools -> Get dictionaries)

Indeed, it wasn't a easiest thing, but you did it ! Good work !!!

Tell me if you want more :D .

All the best,

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi!

Tell me if you want more :D .

Always :)
I'm so used to the functionality, that I often don't see possibilities or problems!

And thx for your input - sure did improve SE :)

You're welcome !

Next one :D

Try to think on the following question:
When you use google translation option, you open a new window where it is both translated file and translation offered by Goolge. So far so good. Closing window have as result remains translation, but you still need the original text. (because of Google translation, of course :lol: )
So, why to open once more the original text?
Why to not stay directly in a translation mode (I mean, both translation and original)?
Translation options that are now are like as you raise from the table, make a detour table, then come back in same place! (I can say, a little bit redundant that means you have to reconsider Tools menu and Translation submenus - I hope you catch my point ! :) ).

Think about it !

All the best,
doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hm, doesn't latest beta already do that? (#edit - keep the original text from google translate, I mean)

If it is beta version from august 18 th, than NO, I did't notice to do that. I get what google was translate and I had to open original text again.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

If it is beta version from august 18 th, than NO, I did't notice to do that. I get what google was translate and I had to open original text again.

OK, then it's fixed in latest beta ;)
http://www.nikse.dk/se/SEBeta.rar