Caprica : A New Rise ?

zenibuka

Caprica-caprica-2010-9927515-900-350.jpg
The more i watch the few remaining episodes of Caprica, the more disgusted i become about its cancellation.
I'm a total fan of Battlestar Galactica, and i've reached a point where i NEED to see what led to the this amazing saga.
Many were disappointed by the new show, i'm not, i like the storyline, the actors, the FX, and most of all Bear Mc Creary's brillant score (to say that he quit Human Target because he was scoring to many shows to handle and see of his best work cancelled - as was TSCC - disgusts me further more).
Many of you watched the new eps on Space (Canada) as i did, and i was wondering why SyFy would allow another channel to air a SyFy original before SyFy and here's what i thought :
MAYBE SyFy is keeping an option on continuing the series next year, and is testing the show on the canadian audience.
If the show has good results, MAYBE they will relaunch production, or concede the right to Space. It has been known to happen : Damages got 2 more seasons on DirecTV, The Listener got bought by CTV.
I may be totally out of line here, but it's just that i don't want this show to end... :(
What do you think ? :unsure:
  • Like 1

Addic7ed RUUUUULES !
check my band : Thou, Ill Mace Horn ! and tell me what you think.

I think it's over for all.

That series has a good ideea, but bad writers, also SyFy changed the "game rules" during the "match" (I mean, they moved Friday Sci-Fy night on Tuesday, and made Wrestling Friday night - on a S.F. channel !!!), so ratings were down because Caprica (and also SG-U) were in competition with another series on another TV Channels.

Seeing Caprica's ratings (0.9 - 0.8 mil. viewers - that's no good rating at all !!!), they decided to start Blood and Chrome, another spin-off, and cancelled Caprica.
It will be no other Caprica season.

I'm sorry to say that, but Caprica is dead and SG-U will follow it.

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Here is confirmation:

SyFy has confirmed to EW that the final five episodes of the Battlestar Galactica-spinoff series Caprica will air back-to-back on Tuesday, Jan. 4 starting at 6 p.m. ET. (that is only for SyFy Channel, on Space was already aired last episode - Apotheosis - my edit)

Last month, SyFy cancelled the show after the second half of its first season struggled in the ratings; exec producer David Eick told EW that it was a “surprise” that SyFy yanked the rest of the episodes off the air.

”I understand that these are rarely simple decisions and I know the current leadership at Syfy genuinely loved the show and were hell-bent on protecting it and seeing it succeed,” Eick said.
“Caprica was an extremely smart, unique show and it’ll take quite some time for me to get used to the idea that it’s really gone.

A “Save Caprica” campaign attempted to resurrect the show by sending the network over 650 pounds of apples to the network; alas, that was not quite enough.
But don’t despair too much; SyFy has already greenlit a two-hour pilot BSG spinoff tentatively titled Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, this time set roughly ten years into the first Cylon war.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/caprica-final-five-episodes-to-air-back.html#ixzz16wELMmC8

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

:)
Keep yourself for Blood and Chrome.
According with SyFy's last history, maybe you (we) will wondering why is another cancelled show.

Bleah !!! what kind of marketing !

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

According with SyFy's last history, maybe you (we) will wondering why is another cancelled show.

I just hope SGU won't know the same fate, last episode was trully awesome and the show is finally getting somewhere...

Addic7ed RUUUUULES !
check my band : Thou, Ill Mace Horn ! and tell me what you think.

I just hope SGU won't know the same fate, last episode was trully awesome and the show is finally getting somewhere...

OH GOD, what a child here! :)

When SyFy agreed with Mallozzi, Mulie, Cooper and Wright (SG-1, SG-A and now SG-U producers) to colaborate, they were talking about ONE more SG-A season, or, TWO SG-U seasons. TWO, then... who knows!
According with SG-U ratings (ratings that are just a little bit above Caprica ratings), and with SG-A fans rage, and with what Mallozzi said about SG-A fans, about SG-U ratings, about many things, we will be lucky to have WHOLE SG-U second season, to be not cancelled after that midseason finale!

Quote from an @@@hole (I mean Mallozzi)

“[...]If you want a third season of SGU, the time to act is now.
Petitions aren’t going to ensure a pick-up; increased viewership will.
Get creative. Get the word out. Get your fellow SGU fans to get the word out.
Pretend it’s the 1990's! PVR’s have yet to be invented and the only means of downloading t.v. shows is illegal and you’re all law-abiding citizens!
Tune in and watch it live!

And what if the worst happens and this does turn out to be our final season?

Well, from a personal standpoint, I won’t have cause for complaint. After eleven wonderful years on the franchise working with some truly great people, I can say with utmost certainty that my dogs won’t starve.
[...]”

No more comments.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK: