My Favorites And Quick Download On Addic7Ed.com

alex28

Sorry for the delay... but as i said somewhere on these forums i had some IRL stuff that had priority.
So, here we go:

As you could see lately we added a new feature (that was in "Suggestions" thread) to the website; it's called My Favorites.
Most of the feedback we got was "Ok, awesome.. but how does it work?".

The idea is simple:

You go to an episode ( we're using Blitzgiving episode from How I Met Your Mother in this example. It's Season 6, episode 10).
Next to every version you have a "heart" icon .
Clicking this icon will add the show as a favorite (How I Met Your Mother in this case) and the subtitle as "Download Episode(s)" (if for example you clicked the English version FQM with HI, that's what you get under Download Episode(s))
Right after you do this you'll get a notification on top of every page (For example: You have 1 favorite sub(s) waiting for download).

How can this help you?

Let's say you watch 3-4 different shows weekly.. or you download 3-4 different subtitles every time you visit Addic7ed.
You add your shows to Favorites and next week you'll automatically have the latest subtitles in My Favorites download basket.
If this week you chose How I Met Your Mother S06E10 English HI, when we upload HIMYM S06E11 English HI next week you'll just have to visit My Favorites and download it.
Best thing is, there's also RSS so you can add the feed to your reader and get notified when your preferred subtitles are available.

Or, if you just want to make a pack of the files you download today, add the files to Favorites, go to Favorites and click MultiDownload (the main difference from the already multi download feature is that you can download from different shows / season; regular multi download only allows users to download a season pack from a show.)

Limits:

Not logged in: Unable to add to favorites
Logged in: 5 favorites
VIP: More than you can count.

(Logged in limits will be increased eventually)

This will suffer improvements so expect new features to it...
As usual, if you notice any bugs or have any suggestions or feedback you might care to share please let me know (here would be the best choice to reply.. but e-mail is fine too).

Hope you'll find it useful! Keep an eye out for new stuff, there's plenty to come!

• Like 2

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

i have donated a couple of weeks ago using the "chip in" button.

send an email to alex28@addic7ed.com with the email u used for paypal and your username on addic7ed. It will be fixed as soon as possible :)

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

quick question: most of the times there is also an updated version on an English subtitle.
On the multi favorites download page will it download the most updated one or the first one ?

quick question: most of the times there is also an updated version on an English subtitle.
On the multi favorites download page will it download the most updated one or the first one ?

the updated one :)

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

New shows added over the past days seems not to work. I added as a favorite the Franklin&Bash and Love Bite today and on my page i do not see the "You have x subtitles to download" message even though new subtitles for those shows exists.

New shows added over the past days seems not to work. I added as a favorite the Franklin&Bash and Love Bite today and on my page i do not see the "You have x subtitles to download" message even though new subtitles for those shows exists.

Did you mark them as "followed" in myviews?

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Did you mark them as "followed" in myviews?

What i've always done was to click on show, find the language i'm interested and click on the heart icon (add to favorites) then whenever a new subtitle came out it was on my favorites and first page notification.
Where is myviews ? has the procedure changed ?

thanks.

What i've always done was to click on show, find the language i'm interested and click on the heart icon (add to favorites) then whenever a new subtitle came out it was on my favorites and first page notification.
Where is myviews ? has the procedure changed ?

thanks.

In this list select the ones you're still following.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

In this list select the ones you're still following.

i'm sorry i don't get it. I clicked on the link and its an empty list, i click on find show, searched the glades for example and clicked on the viewed checkbox and selected the whole first season. No new subtitles are displayed. I even clicked on the second season as viewed but still no new subtitles. The only new subtitle is from "The Killing" which is an old show on my list.

Isn't the "favorites" with the heart icon on the subtitles not the way to add new shows ?
i'm i that stupid to figure this out ??? :)

Honeybunny gave you a wrong link.
The subtitles will appear here: http://www.addic7ed.com/following.php
Also, you will get a notification in the header when new subtitles appear in your Following (known as Favorites).

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Honeybunny gave you a wrong link.
The subtitles will appear here: http://www.addic7ed.com/following.php
Also, you will get a notification in the header when new subtitles appear in your Following (known as Favorites).

Yes all the new shows added today are appeared on the following page but no new subs notification. It drives me crazy. Can someone of the admins maybe login to the account and see what's is going on ?