Subs Land Girls S02

huibie

i noticed that the subtitles for tv show Land Girls S02 are all PENNA release. Now i'm downloading the BIA release as we speak. Does anyone know if the penna works for bia ??

Hi.

The short answer is, "maybe".

Because 'Land Girls' is a BBC programme, there are no commercial breaks in it. This means that if the start and end lines sync. to the video file, everything in between will be also be in sync., no matter what the release version.

If the posted subs don't match the BiA version, shift the whole sub. +/- the required amount to bring it into line.

You can do this in may ways; for example, with Subtitle Workshop, you can shift it all using, Edit/Timings/Set delay... Or by adjusting the subs using Edit/Timings/Adjust/Adjust subtitles...
(Note that if you use the latter, you must remove any credit lines and work only with the first and last spoken lines.)

Look at the posts under http://www.sub-talk....-faq-tutorials/ for other ideas and software.

Play around, it's fun - and a lot easier that it may first appear. Just make sure you have spare copies of the subs files available, so that you can always start again!

The bottom line: try them first - they might work without any adjustment.

s.

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

WOW that is what I call an answer !!!Thanks a lot. I have finished dlíng the episodes ans checked and they all work just fine with the BIA versions. I already made a note on the website.

[...]I have finished dlíng the episodes ans checked and they all work just fine with the BIA versions. I already made a note on the website.

So, wasn't more appropiate to download those episodes, then check if subs match with your video version and THEN ask what you'd ask?

Is it more easier to ask for someone to do a job that you can do it yourself?

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

So, wasn't more appropiate to download those episodes, then check if subs match with your video version and THEN ask what you'd ask?

Is it more easier to ask for someone to do a job that you can do it yourself?

That is true but the dlíng was taking ages ( not many ****s..) so i asked in order to prevent me wasting time.