#1 marco.c

marco.c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationitaly

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

is there any way of this coming back? :(

other sources of downlaod on the script (opensubtitle etc) will get 90% your subs anyway ....but i'd prefer having your subtitle from you directly

#2 alex28

alex28

Keeper of the Light

• Administrators
  • 512 posts
  • Locationwww

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

then visit the website.
It will come back eventually, but i can't say when.
Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

#3 honeybunny

honeybunny

addic7ive

• Administrators
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationAddic7ed

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:16 AM

is there any way of this coming back? :(

other sources of downlaod on the script (opensubtitle etc) will get 90% your subs anyway ....but i'd prefer having your subtitle from you directly

I never used any direct downloaders, so let me get this straight. You need it because the effort is too big to download the subs from the site?
I'd be ashamed to complain about that when we work so hard. Isn't that just being plain lazy?
But maybe I misunderstood, so enlighten me.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

#4 marco.c

marco.c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationitaly

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

. You need it because the effort is too big to download the subs from the site?

well... yes, since i don't have mouse or keyboard on my ht setup

i don't even have a browser (it would be useless with just a remote)

#5 ClueNot

ClueNot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

I never used any direct downloaders, so let me get this straight. You need it because the effort is too big to download the subs from the site?
I'd be ashamed to complain about that when we work so hard. Isn't that just being plain lazy?
But maybe I misunderstood, so enlighten me.

I appreciate your hard work, I really do, but I don't really get the hate against direct downloaders.

Why deliberately make things harder than they need to be. With direct downloader, like xbmc plugin, you get right subs by just clicking one button with the remote. Instead of going to your computer, open webpage, click through few links, download file, move it to right folder, rename it. And after all this you can go back to your sofa, grab your remote and begin watching.

What is the actual reason why you don't want to people use them? You wan't more hits to the site? If so, why? You get more money with more hits? If it's about the money, make that direct download premium service with some kind of fee, I wouldn't have no problems to pay for the service like that. It is just stupid to force people to do something hard way when it can be done a lot easier, just complete waste of time.

So, since you work hard for these subs, all you need back is for all the people who want to use these subs, to just waste some time and do something they really don't want and shouldn't do. That motivates you to work hard? Doesn't really make any sense to me.

#6 DrJackson

DrJackson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationRomania.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

[...]
So, since you work hard for these subs, all you need back is for all the people who want to use these subs, to just waste some time and do something they really don't want and shouldn't do. That motivates you to work hard? Doesn't really make any sense to me.

Let's see if I understand well.
It is highly acclaimed work which provides subtitles for the majority (not saying all) series that someone follows in particular, everyone is enthusiastic about that, but it would be great if those subtitles would be delivered in terms that someone want, and possibly seasoned with peanuts and juice, right?

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK: FORUM RULES

#7 ClueNot

ClueNot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

Let's see if I understand well.
It is highly acclaimed work which provides subtitles for the majority (not saying all) series that someone follows in particular, everyone is enthusiastic about that, but it would be great if those subtitles would be delivered in terms that someone want, and possibly seasoned with peanuts and juice, right?

doc.

No need for peanuts. Just wondering why? Since it's already possible to do, wouldn't need any changes to site, why we can't use it?

#8 DrJackson

DrJackson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationRomania.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

You are a big boy. Or girl.
Try to think why you can't use it.

doc.

103iruh.gif

#9 ClueNot

ClueNot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

You are a big boy. Or girl.
Try to think why you can't use it.

doc.

Only reason I can think is money. Am I right?

#10 DrJackson

DrJackson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationRomania.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Only reason I can think is money. Am I right?

Wrong answer.
Two more left.

103iruh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users