Xbmc Support?

marco.c

is there any way of this coming back? :(

other sources of downlaod on the script (opensubtitle etc) will get 90% your subs anyway ....but i'd prefer having your subtitle from you directly

is there any way of this coming back? :(

other sources of downlaod on the script (opensubtitle etc) will get 90% your subs anyway ....but i'd prefer having your subtitle from you directly

I never used any direct downloaders, so let me get this straight. You need it because the effort is too big to download the subs from the site?
I'd be ashamed to complain about that when we work so hard. Isn't that just being plain lazy?
But maybe I misunderstood, so enlighten me.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

. You need it because the effort is too big to download the subs from the site?

well... yes, since i don't have mouse or keyboard on my ht setup

i don't even have a browser (it would be useless with just a remote)

I never used any direct downloaders, so let me get this straight. You need it because the effort is too big to download the subs from the site?
I'd be ashamed to complain about that when we work so hard. Isn't that just being plain lazy?
But maybe I misunderstood, so enlighten me.

I appreciate your hard work, I really do, but I don't really get the hate against direct downloaders.

Why deliberately make things harder than they need to be. With direct downloader, like xbmc plugin, you get right subs by just clicking one button with the remote. Instead of going to your computer, open webpage, click through few links, download file, move it to right folder, rename it. And after all this you can go back to your sofa, grab your remote and begin watching.

What is the actual reason why you don't want to people use them? You wan't more hits to the site? If so, why? You get more money with more hits? If it's about the money, make that direct download premium service with some kind of fee, I wouldn't have no problems to pay for the service like that. It is just stupid to force people to do something hard way when it can be done a lot easier, just complete waste of time.

So, since you work hard for these subs, all you need back is for all the people who want to use these subs, to just waste some time and do something they really don't want and shouldn't do. That motivates you to work hard? Doesn't really make any sense to me.

[...]
So, since you work hard for these subs, all you need back is for all the people who want to use these subs, to just waste some time and do something they really don't want and shouldn't do. That motivates you to work hard? Doesn't really make any sense to me.

Let's see if I understand well.
It is highly acclaimed work which provides subtitles for the majority (not saying all) series that someone follows in particular, everyone is enthusiastic about that, but it would be great if those subtitles would be delivered in terms that someone want, and possibly seasoned with peanuts and juice, right?

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Let's see if I understand well.
It is highly acclaimed work which provides subtitles for the majority (not saying all) series that someone follows in particular, everyone is enthusiastic about that, but it would be great if those subtitles would be delivered in terms that someone want, and possibly seasoned with peanuts and juice, right?

doc.

No need for peanuts. Just wondering why? Since it's already possible to do, wouldn't need any changes to site, why we can't use it?

You are a big boy. Or girl.
Try to think why you can't use it.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Only reason I can think is money. Am I right?

Wrong answer.
Two more left.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

I appreciate your hard work, I really do, but I don't really get the hate against direct downloaders.

Why deliberately make things harder than they need to be. With direct downloader, like xbmc plugin, you get right subs by just clicking one button with the remote. Instead of going to your computer, open webpage, click through few links, download file, move it to right folder, rename it. And after all this you can go back to your sofa, grab your remote and begin watching.

Oh, the drama. Even if the reason were 'cause i said so' you still wouldn't have ANY right to complain. But that's just me, after 8h of syncing.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

since we are all big boy and girl, can't we just post like them?

Ofcourse you can.
But also act and think like.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Oh, the drama

what drama?

you asked why there was a need for this kind of stuff... there was 2 answer on that... where is the drama? :blink:

no one is complaining and no one want to force you to do something... is it really so strange that someone would like to understand why?

if it's about banner hits or bandwidth, I would pay too to have the freedom to get the subs where i want, how i want (actually i already do that for free... but i'd pay to have a service like that from YOU, because i know the advantage of that)

if it's not about money, I don't have time to play doc's "guess what" game, and i think you guys have better use of your time instead of playing too

Ofcourse you can.
But also act and think like.

doc.

Sorry, I thought I asked valid question. Didn't realize that it wasn't as mature as your answer to it.

Maybe I'm just stupid then. So, can you help me and give me the answer?

When do I earn right to complain? Do I have rights to ask questions either?

Sorry, I thought I asked valid question.[...]

then visit the website.
It will come back eventually, but i can't say when.

The answer was just under your eyes.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

as the owner of Addic7ed, i asked for the removal from XBMC.
The reason is simple... we DO NOT have a public API at the moment... and therefore we can't control and give features to direct downloads or 3rd party programs as we'd wish to (this includes info about the subtitles you're getting, limits to leechers - 10 subs / day etc and so on).
You'd understand the features an API gives you, but you might not understand the "limitations" it might bring... but it's simple. We're still a small site (contrary to public belief) and we don't have many resources (servers etc)... so being able to allow everyone to get the same "pie size" it's a bit tricky.

I'm not against direct downloads or 3rd party software.. but if we're gonna do something, at least we should do it the right way (for both coders - because an API would totally improve the output and would make the job easier to code - and for users.. since they'd have many more advantages).

If you think it's about money, i can't argue with you and i won't argue with you.
As you can see you don't have to touch your credit card to have access to Addic7ed (sure, there's a VIP status but that's for people that want more features - let's say.. 35 files per day).
We will make a public api and you will see desktop downloaders when Addic7ed will be ready for it. For now, it's not. We have other things to focus on right now, and unfortunately (for now) this is not one of them.

• Like 1

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

If you think it's about money, i can't argue with you and i won't argue with you.
As you can see you don't have to touch your credit card to have access to Addic7ed

as said, it was just guessing from very little info there was....

thanks for a straight answer btw

The reason is simple... we DO NOT have a public API at the moment... and therefore we can't control and give features to direct downloads or 3rd party programs as we'd wish to (this includes info about the subtitles you're getting, limits to leechers - 10 subs / day etc and so on).
You'd understand the features an API gives you, but you might not understand the "limitations" it might bring... but it's simple. We're still a small site (contrary to public belief) and we don't have many resources (servers etc)... so being able to allow everyone to get the same "pie size" it's a bit tricky.

I'm not against direct downloads or 3rd party software.. but if we're gonna do something, at least we should do it the right way (for both coders - because an API would totally improve the output and would make the job easier to code - and for users.. since they'd have many more advantages).

As you can see you don't have to touch your credit card to have access to Addic7ed (sure, there's a VIP status but that's for people that want more features - let's say.. 35 files per day).
We will make a public api and you will see desktop downloaders when Addic7ed will be ready for it. For now, it's not. We have other things to focus on right now, and unfortunately (for now) this is not one of them.

Alex,
Bull, the control is easy (use IP) and the API is easy (use HTTP or webservice).

Thanks for the reply Alex.

I would still ask you to reconsider and let us use xbmc-addon as a tempary solution until you have that public API. Sure it wouldn't have all those nice features and restrictions, and it would need to have changes every time site changes and etc., but that's addon's problem then, not yours. All you need to do is give us permission to use it.

I can hardly see that anyone is xbmc-addon as a "leeching-tool". It doesn't really work the way that you would be able to just do that, and if someone really want's to leech more than 10 files/day there's tools that do the job million times better and they're are the tools you can't control anyway.

As Marco pointed out, we can still use the addon to download subs from the other sites, which basically have you subs anyway, sooner or later. So why not let us download them directly from you, that way you would still have at least some control, opposed to what would you have when we download them from other sites.

Just my 2 cents.