Help With Sub Layout

wvredneck

As of late I have dl several subs that are below the screen on the bottom, never had this problem before, its not with all subs, and I don't know how to correct it. I know they are there because I see the top of the words, The font is also abnormally large. I try to use the 720p format when possible and that is the ones that are a problem. The subs I dl are supposed to be used with 720p.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I also want to take a minute to thank all those who do the grunt work on all the subs, I am a disabled vet with with my hearing blown out so without U guys it would be impossible for me to watch most of the shows

As of late I have dl several subs that are below the screen on the bottom

Is this a flat screen TV we're talking about? And either a computer (be it a notebook, a laptop, a desktop, etc) or a multimedia device hooked up to it?
Cause it gives me the impression it's a format problem, i.e: the TV isn't set to a wide screen format (16:9), but rather is set to a zoom, or crop format. Your remote should have a button to toggle through the several format settings.

The chickens are revolting!

Yeah, might be done. Don't think it's the actual subtitle that's causing it.. might be a software problem (video player settings? Try different player). I watch on both laptop and TV (via HDMI) and they look fine.

Player: VLC
Laptop Resolution: 1366x768
TV: 1080p unscaled afaik

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

I am sure it is something stupid I am doing, This has just started in the last couple of weeks I dl the 720p version of the show it is in mkv format so the only way I can watch raw footage with subs is in subtitle workshop, there it is a little strange because the sub is isolated in a black box and it is fine.
However I normally dl then convert in convertx to dvd with subs added. In the last couple of weeks some of the shows the subs are not visible, they are LARGE and on the bottom of the page I can see the tops of them. sometimes 1 show is bad sometimes 2 but never all 4I have not touched the settings on the vcr or tv. I have the same effect on the computer from the dvd, if I play them using Media Player Classic on the puter the same effect is happening.
I have a flat screen tv and a hd vcr with 720p setting. If it was all of them I would approach this different but it is just one or 2 of the shows that is messed up the rest are fine.

Is the position on screen adjustable or it just goes in the right place? i am willing to try anything at this point.

However I normally dl then convert in convertx to dvd with subs added...

Then it seems the problem is with convertx2dvd's settings. I recall you can position almost anywhere and resize to almost any size the subtitles with the program you are using.
Try checking the settings you have. It may also be that the conversion is defaulting to a cropped or zoomed in rendition of the original.

The chickens are revolting!

It appears I resolved my own problem. I only write here in case someone else runs into it. On some of the recent rips in hd the subtitle is being saved with the .mkv file. ConvertX2dvd is reading it and as I have the default set to subtitle on, thar it is. The subs I got from Addic7ed were perfect as usual but the rips (only a few) were corrupt they have a part (not all a few word here and there) of a subtitle file I simply have to double check before I convert and if a sub is showing and delete it and replace it with the Addic7ed sub and all is well.

I told you it was probably something stupid I was doing.

Thanks for all the input and effort to help me.