Is There A Boycott?

RuebenTT

I am trying to decipher if there exists a boycott of the US versions of Apprentice (including the presently airing Celebrity version).

I can find copies of the TV rip available all over but for a show in its 11th season you literally can ONLY find 3 or 4 half completed seasons. Its like sub-coders literally stay away from this TV show.

I'm just saying, its a bit weird and was wondering if its on purpose or is there a special reason this show has no one interested in encoding???

RuebenTT

I am trying to decipher if there exists a boycott of the US versions of Apprentice (including the presently airing Celebrity version).

I can find copies of the TV rip available all over but for a show in its 11th season you literally can ONLY find 3 or 4 half completed seasons. Its like sub-coders literally stay away from this TV show.

I'm just saying, its a bit weird and was wondering if its on purpose or is there a special reason this show has no one interested in encoding???

RuebenTT

The Apprentice Season 11 is new, the first episode released 5-6 days ago.
So, maybe the subtitles are not yet ready.
But hopefully, someone will upload subtitles for them.

As for the other seasons, I think nobody was interested in making subtitles for them.
It's like Top Chef. The newer ones have subtitles, but the older ones do not have. :(

The Apprentice Season 11 is new, the first episode released 5-6 days ago.
So, maybe the subtitles are not yet ready.
But hopefully, someone will upload subtitles for them.

As for the other seasons, I think nobody was interested in making subtitles for them.
It's like Top Chef. The newer ones have subtitles, but the older ones do not have. :(

So I can safely expect NOT to find one soon ... Thanks for the heads up

:D

RuebenTT

What I've read above it a little bit weird.
A boicot?

Hmmm, a nasty post from you.
Try to think if it is possible for us to cover ALL shows that ALL people will wants to have subtitles for.
Just try that, then read your post again.

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

What I've read above it a little bit weird.
A boicot?

Hmmm, a nasty post from you.
Try to think if it is possible for us to cover ALL shows that ALL people will wants to have subtitles for.
Just try that, then read your post again.

doc.

Hey Hey Doc,

I'm sorry if nasty was the impression I portrayed ... I wasn't trying to be, boycott actually isn't a bad term in my area.

I just found it odd that some shows were poorly represented, in probably every subtitle site out there and in every language too.

I understand that it will be hard for coders to go after every show, as nothingness495 said there may just be no interest. In my region that is what boycott means - consciously avoiding. I was wondering if this was the case or if they just can't do it. (Legal reasons or the show doesn't have any source text?)

Is there a list of programs here that no one can or is interested in subbing??

R

I'm sorry if nasty was the impression I portrayed ... I wasn't trying to be, boycott actually isn't a bad term in my area.
[...]

Hmmm, let's assume that "boycott" means in one of world's region something and in another one, something different. (I've just checked Romanian definition for boycott and also, English definition for same word, and guess what? they match!)

[...]
I was wondering if this was the case or if they just can't do it.
[...]

NO ONE, but no one from addic7ed team will not make a boycott against any show.

Boycott :rolleyes:
Oh God!

:D doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK: