Sherlock Holmes - english subs

leslie

It would be very cool if somebody posted full english subs for the dvdScreener. So far I could only find a google translation from some other language and subs for the french parts only. Thanks!:D

Ok, here is the latest version of English subtitles for Sherlock Holmes IMAGINE version, also works with most. According to the uploader it has been edited and is about 99% accurate, as he could not make out some words. I've tested them and they look good, MUCH more understandable lol. Credit goes to the uploader, enjoy: http://subscene.com/english/Sherlock-Holmes/subtitle-293891.aspx

16956944f0dc499090cdfff42b4bc035.0.gif

Thanks a lot for that! I also edited it slightly and split it into two discs for the MENTION 2-disc release. It's here: http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/3626567/sherlock-holmes-en

That's cool. I just looked at it two but found two big errors in the first 8 lines. First line is wrong. It should read "Head cocked to the left" not caught to the left. And Line 8 the word should be "faculties" not colleges. I made those two edits but will watch the rest of it using these.

@egk: I need help a little bit.

00:01:58,543 --> 00:02:01,441
Summary prognosis
Exactly 90 seconds

00:02:02,670 --> 00:02:04,911
Complete recovery of the colleges
Unlikely.

There is some kind of missing at where I wrote *.

Could you tell me what he says please? It is the only part that I was not able to understand.

I think there are a few words missing and I can't make them out either but in order for the subs to make sense that line should read: "Complete recovery of the faculties Unlikely." He's describing what would happen to the person he's beating up. Faculties in this sense means his senses. The ability to see and hear and talk normally for instance. The way the subs read with the word "colleges" it sounds like this was a translation from english to another language and back again. They're translating the word faculties to mean the groups of teachers at a college or university.

I'm deaf or I would try. My brother actually noticed those errors when I asked him to time the first sub to the first voice for me. They were out of sync for the version I had and I was trying to fix that. I found some others here that look pretty good and don't have those same errors. http://subscene.com/english/Sherlock-Holmes/subtitle-293952.aspx

@egk: I need help a little bit.

00:01:58,543 --> 00:02:01,441
Summary prognosis
Exactly 90 seconds

00:02:02,670 --> 00:02:04,911
Complete recovery of the colleges
Unlikely.

There is some kind of missing at where I wrote *.

Could you tell me what he says please? It is the only part that I was not able to understand.

He says:
Summary prognosis: conscious in 90 seconds
Martial efficacy: quarter of an hour at best.
Full faculty recovery: unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody upload subtitles on megaupload or rapidshare or sendspace? I can't download anything from these links(((
I'm eager to help to correct them if needed, though I'm not a native speaker and there some parts I don't really catch.