Recommend a TV show

alex28

Incredible but true ! We agree on something (for the first time) !
Maybe we have something in commun*, after all ...
(*Except spendind time here !)

And by the way, I'm a F***ing CORRECTOR, and not a "Junior/Not Junior Member" ... B)

Le mensonge et la crédulité s'accouplent et engendrent l'opinion. (Paul Valérie)

I stopped watching house after a season and a half.. too repetitive for me..

Did you just say you didn't watch an episode for at least 6 years ?
Haow ! To bad, some of them really deserve the 40 minutes ...

Le mensonge et la crédulité s'accouplent et engendrent l'opinion. (Paul Valérie)

House is repetitive that's a fact. But apart from the cases, it's the story between characters and how a man like him sees things that is interesting.
His "everybody lies" motto is quite accurate.
I even think the producers are making fun of the cases he has to solve (i.e. "it's not lupus"...)
House is a great show and I just love them even if I think it can't go on and on like that for years.

One TV show to see if you're a fan of Romero... or even Zombieland -> The Walking Dead

• 4 weeks later...

And by the way, I'm a F***ing CORRECTOR, and not a "Junior/Not Junior Member" ... B)

Send a PM to Kerensky, if you want to change your F***ing membership B) , I hope you understand!

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Since nobody mentioned them, I'd like to add from this year's new shows The Big C, The Good Guys, Shit My Dad Says and The Defenders.
I really can't have enough of them. Each time one episode ends I can't wait for the next.:D
And I was quite pleasantly surprised also by Drop Dead Diva.
And, btw, thanks Addic7ed for helping me enjoy all my favorite TV shows with your subtitles.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello
My name is Steiven Wilson. i Am New in This Forum. I am a Big fan of TV shows. All Tv shows Are good. But Only Few are My favorite. Here Are My Favorite TV shows.
Glee
Dexter
Two And A Half Men
DragonballZ

Edited by Alex1969
Spam is NOT allowed!

• 2 months later...

I need some recommendations plz, if possible.

I think I may have finished all the watchable american shows, now it's time for the british xD

I'm currently watching sherlock and vexed, didn't like copper and about to watch strike back.

Any suggestions about smart british thriller/action shows? thx in advance xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

If you marked shows as "Viewed" on Addic7ed (either on the episode page or on the Air Dates page) you can share that list with other people. 

To enable this, just mark as viewed (from Air Dates) shows you've watched.

Then go to "Panel->Personal->Edit Profile"

Tick "Publicize yourself" and save the page.

Here's how it looks for the world: http://www.addic7ed.com/views.php?user=alex28

As for 2013, my recommendation would be "The Following"

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

So I'm enjoying an early retirement at 39 and got all the time in the world to watch tv-shows (and to write lengthy forum posts), so here are my recommendations.

• Arrow (if you like super hero/vigilante/revenge action)
  • Bates Motel (dark and sorta creepy atmospheric adaptation of the movie "Psycho")
  • Battlestar Galactica (the best sci-fi show I've ever seen, no doubt)
  • Being Human (love this British pearl about a werewolf, a vampire and a ghost living under the same roof)
  • Californication (decadent, dirty and gritty with hottie Duchovny)
  • Castle (still viable I think, even though the cases are somewhat predictable. Love the symmatry between Kate and Richard)
  • Community (just my kind of humor, expecially Abed as I can relate to his goofy nerdness sometimes)
  • Doctor Who (had to watch about ten episodes before I fell utterly in love with this show. I swear, Daleks will someday rule the world)
  • Downton Abbey (yes I'm old :P No but seriously, the Brits really know how to make good entertainment. Watch this if you love costume dramas)
  • Elementary (a show that grows on you with an excentric but yet lovable main character. Lucy Liu makes an excellent Watson)
  • Eureka (SyFy has given us so much, this one you can't miss)
  • Game of Thrones (need I say more?)
  • Hannibal (only seen one episode so far, but I liked it. Can't wait to see more)

Are you still with me? :)

• Homeland (a very, very exciting drama with twists and turns)
  • Life (love a good cop show with a "special" main character? Watch this one)
  • Merlin (absolutely adore this show, it has it all. I was sad to see it end, but I cherish the memory of it)
  • Misfits (also humor that's right up my alley. Everything about this show rocks, the actors, characters, script, score, you name it)
  • Raising Hope (I'm very picky when it comes to comedy, but this one makes my frown go upside down)
  • Ripper Street (notice how many British shows I've listed so far? This one is a gem)
  • Shameless (ok I admit it, I like the US version better. Anyway, it's frakking hilarious and sometimes so embarrassing you want to pause and hide behind a pillow)
  • Sherlock (is this coming back? Loved it)
  • The Borgias (the dirty and naked (literally) truth about popes and infidels in the 15th century Italy. Sounds boring? It's not. I promise.)
  • The Killing (sometimes a bit slow and dark, but it all comes together nicely in a package of great viewing value)
  • The Pillars of the Earth (watch it if you like 12th century history, it's very educational aswell as entertaining)

Still with me?

• Warehouse 13 (there's something about this show that makes me want more, and I find myself longing for each new episode. Can be a bit silly, but I love that)
  • Whitechapel (London policemen and women solve crimes in the old Ripper neigbourhood. I really hope this comes up for air soon)
  • Vikings (a new show that I've had the pleasure to watch for a few weeks now. I relly enjoy it, it has it all. Plus I, as a Swede, get a well needed heritage lesson)

I've left out the "obvious", like Dexter and The Walking Dead becaue otherwise the list would have been two pages long. As I said, I got waaaay too much time on my hands. My passion for TV is what gets me through the day, well that and a good game of Diablo 3 :)

Hope you found something interesting to watch in my list and please continue posting here as I'm always open for new suggestions.

T.T.F.N.

dia

Yes, its done 3 seasons already, but I just started "Rizzoli & Isles" - love it.

Can't wait for next season of "Dexter" to start.

When I was in grade school in the 70s I could still hear well enough to enjoy "The Carol Burnett Show" - would love to revisit it if I could find subs.  

"Arrow" is OK, but the plot underpinning the whole series needs to move along a little faster.

The US version of "Shameless" is great -  one of these days I'll give the original UK version a try too.

Gave "Anger Management" a try, but Charlie Sheen just doesn't have the same appeal that made me enjoy the first few seasons of "2.5" Men so much.

I hate "Go On" and "Cougar Town" but somehow find myself watching them every week.  Masochist?

"Lost Girl" really turns my crank.  Probably because I'm such a dirty old man and the star has a magnificent figure and 3 gorgeous sidekicks/costars.

I'm enjoying the 2nd season of "Person of Interest" much more than the 1st.  Ditto for seasons 2 & 3 of "Blue Bloods" compared to its 1st season.

Season 1 of "Banshee" was pretty good.  Looking forward to the next season.

"Revenge" was OK for a while but it has gotten too repetitive - gave up on it a few episodes into season 2.

Love "The Good Wife".

"True Blood" was OK for a few seasons, but the TV, movie, and book industries have now saturated the market with so much vampire & werewolf crap that I usually find something else to watch.  "Being Human" would also probably be a lot better if there was not so much other crap in that genre.