Cannot Creat New Subtitle

Pko

Hello.

I've transcripted an episode for "Dinosaur Revolution" (dinosaur.revolution.s01e01.720p.hdtv.x264-diverge), it took me like 2hrs to do that, but inserting the timings for me is hell, I'm using urusoft's Subtitle Workshop 4.00 beta 4 and inserting the timings for the first 10 lines took me another 2 hours, and most of them are not totally correct. I saved the file as SRT with WS but cannot upload it here, it says "less than 5 sequences found", but at least the few lines I synchronized play OK in media player classic and are more than 5, so I do not know what is wrong.

How do you synchronize a subtitle? using WS is torture: it seems that you can only use the mouse, the buttons are not labeled but with a meaningless (for me) icon, you must press the correct tiny button to start a line, another one to end it, then quickly select the next line with the mouse and very fast go to the tiny buttons again, and if you make a mistake you risk ruining the previous work and has to repeat it (I did that a lot of times). There is no help file nor in the FAQ here I could find some guide to use the keyboard.

There is no program that can be used to easily synchronize the files? just one that understand that each line is a line of subtitles, you select the first line, play the video file and when you press a "beginning" key, it inserts the starting time (maybe with a small decrement to take into account the reaction time between listening the text and pressing the key), then an "ending" key, and inserts the stopping time for the subtitle time and automatically jumps to the next line and waits for you again. Subtitle Workshop seems to do a lot of very complicated things I cannot even imagine but something (IMO) so simple as that apparently is not available...

I attach the file I made just in case somebody who has better skills than me for timing (I suppose 99.99% of humanity qualifies) can synchronize it...

dinosaur.revolution.s01e01.720p.hdtv.x264-diverge.srt

cannot upload it here, it says "less than 5 sequences found

That error is usually when some part of the subtitle don't follow 100% the subrip (.srt) format.
I used TAC to read and save it and it seems to upload fine...
I've attached the file in case you want it.
dinosaur.revolution.s01e01.720p.hdtv.x264-diverge.TAC.srt

How do you synchronize a subtitle? using SW is torture

There are way better programs to make the sync... I strongly recommend VisualSubSync or Aegisub for this task.

The exact method that you described it's used for the FurySync app if I don't remember wrong.

In case you wanna try another method, if there is low background noise, maybe SAS can help you to get a good basic sync.

Regards.

There are way better programs to make the sync... I strongly recommend VisualSubSync or Aegisub for this task.

The exact method that you described it's used for the FurySync app if I don't remember wrong.

In case you wanna try another method, if there is low background noise, maybe SAS can help you to get a good basic sync.

Thank you, I will try that other methods, hopefully this weekend.