How To Make Subtitles For A Hd Movie

thezanny

I've downloaded a HD Movie ( Monte Carlo 2011 BRRip 720p x264 DXVA-MXMG) and I find that there are no subtitles for this.
I wonder how to make subtitles for a movie release like this? Is there a tool that scipts the audio into text or something or should I type the whole movie audio?

Thanks in Advance

I've downloaded a HD Movie ( Monte Carlo 2011 BRRip 720p x264 DXVA-MXMG) and I find that there are no subtitles for this.
I wonder how to make subtitles for a movie release like this? Is there a tool that scipts the audio into text or something or should I type the whole movie audio?

Thanks in Advance

The easiest way it's to take a exiting subtitle for that movie and re-sync it to fit the new video version.

The easiest way it's to take a exiting subtitle for that movie and re-sync it to fit the new video version.

I would like to make a new subtitle myself and learn it.
How do make like Speech to Text transcripting?

I would like to make a new subtitle myself and learn it.
How do make like Speech to Text transcripting?

The subtitle it's composed with 2 parts, the timmings and the text

Timmings: [The start and the end times of every line]

1. Reuse the timmings from another subtitle:
    1. Use one that already fits the video version, even if the text it's in another language
    2. Re-Sync the subtitle so the timmings fits the new video version
    3. [Optional] Make a pre-sync using
Automatic Subtitle SynchronizerCreate [or Adjust if you did 2.1)] the timmings using a subtitle editor. I recommend for this task.VisualSubSync

Minimum line duration = 0.8 seconds Maximum line duration = 6 seconds 2 text lines of 44 characters/line -> Split lines when too much text or join otherwise. Use dialog dashes when 2 different people speak in the line.

[*]Making the timmings from zero: * Recommendations: Text: Using a subtitle editor (like Subtitle Workshop, VisualSubSync or SubtitleEdit) enter the text for each one of the lines. Basically, just type what you hear. And no, no speech-to-text magic can be used. Hope that helps a bit. Regards.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Certain moviesstopped displaying subtitles after I updated the app to version 2.1 on Ipad 2.Windows PC running PMS 9.3.4.

Seems like themovies are "locked" to have "None" displayed undersubtitles, despite having PMS configured to have automatic subtitles enabled.When I manually choose to have subtitles loaded from opensubtitles orpodnapisi, no subtitle track is still loaded. Likewise, if I download an .srtsubtitle file for those movies, they are still not loaded on the ipad (althoughrecognized by the Plex app in the subtitle selection menu) and play fine onother players.

I went through thewiki tutorial several times and watched the podcast to make sure that I haveeverything set up properly and I think I do. I also tried forced refresh ofthose movies, tried removing the movies from the library and putting them back,tried fixing an incorrect match.

The end result isthe same. I just can't get the subtitles to display for a couple of movies thatworked fine prior to the update of the Ipad app.

Any assistancewould be greatly appreciated.

~thezanny:

I don't know if you are aware but there's many subtiles now available on other subtitle hosts, for that video... and several of them in English (both dialog-only and HI / SDH versions).

:)

Edit: ooops, I juist realized the O.P was 2 months ago. *blush*

:(

@Edyth21 - I think you are expected to start a new topic in a new thread

:P

I think Edith21 had another purpose with her's post, but I gave her another chance.

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK: