What Is Corrected & Hearing Impaired In Subtitles?

*riderrocks

Hello Guys,
I am new here.I just want to know which subtitle to download?...Whether the one with both the corrected and Hearing Impaired icon or the corrected icon.I downloaded both didn't notice any difference!...
1-1.png

• Like 1

Hi,

Well, the term "Hearing Impaired" is a technically accurate description of someone who is hard of hearing or who has no hearing.

In addition, captions may further reveal information that would be difficult to pick up on otherwise.
Some examples of this would be the song lyrics; dialog spoken quietly or by those with accents unfamiliar to the intended audience; or supportive, minor dialog from background characters.

It is argued that such additional information and detail will enhance the overall experience and allow the viewer a better grasp on the material.
Furthermore, people learning a foreign language may sometimes use same-language subtitles to better understand the dialog while not having to resort to a translation.

A corrected subtitle (without the HI sign) means all those informations helpful for HI users were removed, but the file was checked for misspeling words, dashes were added to those lines were two characters were spoken in same sequences and so on.

doc.

P.S. This topic's place is to FAQ section.

• Like 1

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK: