.ass To .srt

incredibleme

Hi Everyone,

I translated subtitles with Aegisub and then saved them in both .ass and .srt format. The translation in .ass format works fine. However, I cannot open the .srt format and have no idea why. I uploaded the .srt file in adic7ed, but when I hit view/edit, I see only the timing, and no text at all. What am I doing wrong?

Help will be much appreciated!!

Many thanks!

Maybe it's time to move forward to a better software :) like Subtitle Edit :) .

You saved .ass file as .srt one? (Save as option?)

doc

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

I saved the .ass file with Aegisub Export --> US-ASCII. But this file doesn't work. You suggest to use Subtitle Edit to convert .ass to .srt? (I'm quite new in this subtitle thing, so do you mean Subtitle edit 3.2.7 - that's what I found...).

Thanks alot!

[...]You suggest to use Subtitle Edit to convert .ass to .srt? (I'm quite new in this subtitle thing, so do you mean Subtitle edit 3.2.7 - that's what I found...).

That's correct ! :)

doc

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi and thanks for the patience..

So I downloaded Subtitle Edit, but the same thing happened. The converted .srt file works fine on my computer. However, when I upload it in addic7ed, there is no text (interestingly, the commas, numbers and question-marks, exclamation poits, full stops etc. are all there.) Could it be because the script is not latin (i'm translating to bulgarian)? Or just when I convert the .ass file ti .srt I am doing something wrong? (Btw. I tried aslo in Aegisub, File - Save As - .srt, nothing changed. :( ).

Send me by PM those files (.ass and .srt), from your computer, and tell me what show it is about (upload that subtitle and put the link in that PM ).

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK: