Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Hi all,

Given the fact I might have now a transcript in English, can someone here can help with sync this file to make the subtitles ?? I'm a very begginner and I can learn but it will take a lot of time, so if someone here has already the experience, it could be great to have our first English subtitles for Season 3, right ?

Thanks everyone in advance !

Cecile

I'd be happy to do it - can you email to me? Without underscores: m_i_c_a_p_a_m_@_g_m_a_i_l_._c_o_m

• Like 1

I'm working on this translation right now - about 35 minutes of Ep. 2 done, expect to finish the rest today or tomorrow. I could send it to you when it's done? And after it's been successfully translated and converted to srt, it'd be wonderful if some of the Danes out there could check it for bad mistakes. After all, I don't speak Danish but am translating complete episodes with only Google, gut and knowledge of similar languages.

It already has timing in the script itself (see below for example) but sometimes it's just one very long speech so you'll have to cut those up into manageable subtitles. And of course it doesn't need names or "apostrophe"s. And while you're at it, maybe you as an Australian could correct stupid grammar or spelling mistakes I made due to English not being my first language?

00:11:00: Katrine: ”I suppose so. You
did well on the news, yesterday.”
00:11:06: Katrine: ”Take care.”
00:11:07: Birgitte: ”Yes, you too.”

I'd be happy to do it - can you email to me? Without underscores: m_i_c_a_p_a_m_@_g_m_a_i_l_._c_o_m

The translating work is done. I sent it to micapam so he can make an SRT out of it. Furthermore, mcilou will get the other transcripts  within a few days, after which I'll try to translate Ep1 as fast as humanly possible as well. On the other hand, as I don't speak Danish myself and just used Google Translate and an online Danish-English dictionary, I think with a transcript anyone can do it :)

• Like 2

Even just to run them through google translate would be better than nothing!

Ooh boy, after experiencing the Forbynselser (whatever) debacle with the last two episodes . . . no way, I'll wait!  The Goog stuff was comical, turned it into a farce.

Ooh boy, after experiencing the Forbynselser (whatever) debacle with the last two episodes . . . no way, I'll wait!  The Goog stuff was comical, turned it into a farce.

I can assure you, that this translation will be a whole lot better than just the Google Translate output. Of course, it won't be perfect, but user-based subs hardly ever are. If I didn't think I could manage to get a basic grasp of every line, I wouldn't have started putting hours and hours of work in it :)
  • Like 1

Hello all, and greetings from Canada! I am itching to watch the first episode of Series 3, which I've successfully downloaded. Could you email me the SRT file please???? I am so very grateful for all the work that's been done by people on this thread. God bless the internet!

Best,

Luke

Hello all, and greetings from Canada! I am itching to watch the first episode of Series 3, which I've successfully downloaded. Could you email me the SRT file please???? I am so very grateful for all the work that's been done by people on this thread. God bless the internet!

Best,

Luke

Up until now, we were only able to obtain a transcript of episode 2 (which has been fully translated and is currently being made into an srt). I hope we'll be able to translate ep 1 within days.

Up until now, we were only able to obtain a transcript of episode 2 (which has been fully translated and is currently being made into an srt). I hope we'll be able to translate ep 1 within days.

Much appreciated. I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure. 

• Like 1

Borgen Borgen Borgen me baby!
Drowning in the cynicism of House of Cards.
Desperately need a narrative fix with the moral authority of Birgit.
Thank you thank you thank you, looking forward to the translation.
xx

Greetings from another Borgen addict! I would also LOVE to get the english sub file for Borgen season 3 whenever it becomes available. It is such a cruel joke to find episodes only to discover they are only in Danish... This is my favorite show at the moment, by FAR! Tak  :)

Hi there, I have the English transcripts for Ep01 and 02 but I don't know how to sync them to subtitles files.

( I can give it a try, which software would you recommand using a mac ? )

Can anyone help me here if he has experience in doing this ?

I'll be so grateful ! ;-)

Many many thanks in advance,

Cecile

We now have a fully functional SRT for episode 2!

There are some problems still, as it's my first time translating Danish, and micapams first time timing subtitles. I'm working on cutting up the longer sentences, shortening some so you won't have to pause to read, and timing it as well as I can.

Some of the translations might not be correct. Anyone knows anyone Danish, please contact them! I'd love to have it checked before people are going to actively use it. I have a .doc file with the Danish and English lines next to each other so you won't even have to watch the episode itself. Any volunteers can send me a private message, and I'll send you the SRT-work-in-progress, or the .doc file.

We expect to have solved these major issues within days. Also, I'll start translating Ep 1 today. With any luck (and I hope manageable/recognizable Danish words and sentences), we'll have the Ep 1 SRT file before, say, Thursday.

Hi borgen-community!

I'm also desperately waiting for some english subs for this brilliant series.

Please add me to your list and keep me posted.

xxx

from Germany