Borgen Season 3

blaraka

Google Translate must be missing something, because I keep getting "Dutch Tea Party" as a translation to the end of those posts (kicky).  I guess Tea Party means something different here in the States (especially the southern ones)  ^_^ If only we could have Birgette run for office in the US...

• Like 1

Google Translate must be missing something, because I keep getting "Dutch Tea Party" as a translation to the end of those posts (kicky).  I guess Tea Party means something different here in the States (especially the southern ones)  ^_^ If only we could have Birgette run for office in the US...

Haha lol yeah it's not entirely the same; in English speaking countries, before the Tea Party got its primary political meaning, you also had (and still have) the connotation of 'tea and scones' - of old ladies sitting around a table, knitting, drinking tea and having cookies. As such, the word 'theekransje' translates to 'tea circle', meaning 'social gathering'. My Dutch dictionary says 'group of people coming together to drink tea and have a chat', so yeah, you were misled a little   :)

• Like 1

Hi,

Can I please be added to the list for the episode 1 subtitle as well? Ironically enough, I'm Dutch, work for a Scandinavian customer (including Danes) but they all

speak English so not a lot of words to be picked up. Anyway, keep up the good work, there's a lot of Borgen addicts out there that really appreciate

your hard work.

Cheers,

Gerrit-Jan.

• Like 1

Haha lol yeah it's not entirely the same; in English speaking countries, before the Tea Party got its primary political meaning, you also had (and still have) the connotation of 'tea and scones' - of old ladies sitting around a table, knitting, drinking tea and having cookies. As such, the word 'theekransje' translates to 'tea circle', meaning 'social gathering'. My Dutch dictionary says 'group of people coming together to drink tea and have a chat', so yeah, you were misled a little   :)

Oh no worries.  I live around plenty of US tea partiers and I can tell you that they aren't watching Borgen (or anything that might require thinking... or god forbid, reading- lol).  I think Svend Age might be the closest Danish parallel.   ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great work so far. I have downloaded episode 2 and tried out the subtitles and it works great. I have already downloaded episode 1 so just need to wait for the subs for episode 1 to be uploaded...

I made a list of everyone requesting the subtitles in this thread. To make sure you get them as soon as they're done, please check if your name is on it, and if not, quote it and add yourself to the list!

Oh and I see we can only send a message to 6 people at a time, and the message box quickly fills up.
I could send a message to a few people and they could forward it to 6 specified others? I divided the list in groups of 6 people:

Request List
blaraka ; kanelbulle ; juanadelplata ; scifi3001 ; Milayaa ; bruce73 ;

biophil ; Silly_Crotch ; anissaka ; ipollak ; shaneybo ; budworthtdog ;

dm1983 ; mugil ; itchef ; tmmcaleer ; litl'ol'beggar ; JTSF ;

zorro6204 ; micapam ; trottierlo ; trico ; gel ; mcilou ;

yazstar ; jimjames ; crystal ; LDS ; cici ; Luke Savage ;

Pesky Poppins ; larpiainen ; Wetcoaster ; peaceworker ; elsa75 ; koci ;

bagel ; chrissuffolk ; harvey28 ; supremustotus ; garageflower ; jimCooper ;

kicky ; kat13 ; Susanna in Washington DC ; alphaprior ; magesnz ; Joe Hubris ;

falbin ; JRT;ScotStyle

Regarding the list. When you reply to this thread, if you choose 'more reply options', there is an option on the right-hand side that says 'Follow this topic'. 

Am I right in thinking that (with this option checked) it will email notifications when this thread continues? Rather than having to mass-message everyone ...

Although then I suppose every response (not just when new subs are available) will be notified ....

• Like 2

I just couldn't wait for the subs for S03SE1 and had to watch S03SE2. How exciting ! It makes me want to see episode 1 even more. Great job on the subs Superworm. Waanzinnig bedankt :)

I made a list of everyone requesting the subtitles in this thread. To make sure you get them as soon as they're done, please check if your name is on it, and if not, quote it and add yourself to the list!

Oh and I see we can only send a message to 6 people at a time, and the message box quickly fills up.
I could send a message to a few people and they could forward it to 6 specified others? I divided the list in groups of 6 people:

Request List
blaraka ; kanelbulle ; juanadelplata ; scifi3001 ; Milayaa ; bruce73 ;

biophil ; Silly_Crotch ; anissaka ; ipollak ; shaneybo ; budworthtdog ;

dm1983 ; mugil ; itchef ; tmmcaleer ; litl'ol'beggar ; JTSF ;

zorro6204 ; micapam ; trottierlo ; trico ; gel ; mcilou ;

yazstar ; jimjames ; crystal ; LDS ; cici ; Luke Savage ;

Pesky Poppins ; larpiainen ; Wetcoaster ; peaceworker ; elsa75 ; koci ;

bagel ; chrissuffolk ; harvey28 ; supremustotus ; garageflower ; jimCooper ;

kicky ; kat13 ; Susanna in Washington DC ; alphaprior ; magesnz ; Joe Hubris ;

falbin ; JRT

Thank you, thank you thank you!  Please add me to the list!

I would be happy to be added to the mail out list for Borgen Series 3 English subs also please.

Dank u well en hartelijk dank mijn jonge Nederlandse vriend

No, I don't think so since I still didn't receive the 2d part of the danish transcription of the episode. I'll post a note here when I have them ok ?

Thanks for the reply waiting impatiently :)