The Sweeney 1975

sundaydiver

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

8 Year Bump! I uploaded a copy I found for all the episodes of season 1 @ 25FPS.
No luck finding season 2 3 or 4... Maybe I'll make them.
Any help would be appreciated. It would take me months, to complete 3 seasons. (OpenSubtitles)

15 hours ago, chile-verde said:

Wow thanks! You are a champ! Where did you find these?! I have been searching online for a week!

I'll still have to resync them for 25 FPS... And the episode numbers are not ordered correctly... (S2E13 files/text is on S2E10)  But these files have the right text for the episodes! I'll just have to read and sort/rename them.

I made a REAL account to download these. Gracias Chile-Verde!
I really appreciate the links and zip files, and you posted them so quickly! Thank you!

• Like 1

I did not download Season 1.
Season 2 I've just checked. All episodes are listed correctly. Except S2E13 and S2E10 are switched. The text is spot on!
They look good so far! I think they're 23.976fps... So I'll lose a bit of space when I resync for 25fps.
I enjoy the "Hearing Impaired" sections. Thanks again.
I'll check back later and comment on the quality of Seasons 3/4. Once I've had the time to read/look through them.

Edit: Checking back. Season 3 is accurate text for each episode correctly named. And so is season 4.
Now for me to enter SubtitleEdit and resync these for my video files. Then post online, because I know most people have 25FPS copies.

I might start a new thread, for "I Spy" with Robert Culp and Bill Cosby... I've been planning to make subs for over a year. Maybe I can get some help!
But first 3 seasons of The Sweeney to resync... That will take a few months probably. I can't live in front of my PC. :P

Edit 2: I downloaded Season 1... All files are correctly labeled for 25fps. (Not 23.976fps)

Edited by ChuckBrown
NOT 23.976fps But IS 25fps

• 4 months later...

Done! Just resynced the finale.

Here is a link to Opensubtitles and The Sweeney in English @ 25FPS resynced for commercial breaks.

With extended reading time. Time reduction and removal of excessive "Hearing Impaired" sections.

Thanks Chile-Verde! https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearch/sublanguageid-all/idmovie-143642

I've also resynced the movies "Sweeney!" and "Sweeney 2" into 25FPS. ;) Enjoy!

Edited by ChuckBrown
Done!
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 9:02 AM, ChuckBrown said:

Done! Just resynced the finale.

Here is a link to Opensubtitles and The Sweeney in English @ 25FPS resynced for commercial breaks.

How about uploading them here or Addic7ed? Not everyone has or wants an account at Opensubtitles. ?

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2021 at 9:39 PM, Pindiu said:

How about uploading them here or Addic7ed? Not everyone has or wants an account at Opensubtitles. ?

You don't need an account to download subtitles on "OpenSubtitles." ? I don't have an Addic7ed account. I don't even use addic7ed, except for downloading through VLC's OpenSubs. (I've even switched to "MediaPlayerLite" because it plays MPG files better than VLC.)

The files I download sometimes are labeled Addic7ed/ReSync. But the files are still coming from OpenSubtitle servers.

The link to opensubtitles is there. Don't know what I'm doing but I'll try to upload them here. Hopefully these Zips are correct.

Someone uploaded the Pilot! I'll place it here too.

If Opensubtitles is prompting you to sign-in. They are doing mild updates and only members can login... There are also times they are doing large updates and the entire site is down. "Backend Fetch failed."

Someone else/Other people are/can upload them elsewhere. I've found copies of subs I've made on Russian websites, hosting links to the video files too.

The Sweeney S1 Subs.zip The Sweeney S2 Subs.zip The Sweeney S3 Subs.zip The Sweeney S4 Subs.zip The Sweeney 0-00 Regan.srt