Commands In Srt

MelaArcobaleno

Hi everyone,

I was trying to upload a new version of a subtitles file, but it gives me e bad format error.

Is it possibile it's because of some "special command" in it?

I have found sequence like {a7} that I read are special commands to set the position of the subtitles.

For example {a7} should mean "top right".

Are these not supported by addic7ed?

To tell the truth they don't seem to work in my videolan player; I mean the srt works, but the commands doesn't.

Can you explain me if they are supported by addic7ed and how they works or how can I enable them on VLC?

Thanks in advance

You may want to visit this page in order to have some of your questions asked.

I could have referred you to pages within this very forum that contains your very same doubt expressed by other users. But since you choose not to perform a basic search well... I'm not doing it for you.

As a general answer -- Our subs are stripped down off almost all type of tags, in order to guarantee their compatibility with most players that support subtitles.

VLC does not support position tags. WMP does.

As to your problem. No... addic7ed simply does not process these special tags. If you are getting wrong format messages, there is something else at odds with your sub. I suggest you run it through It will tell you when it finds syntax errors.

Cheers.

The chickens are revolting!

You may want to visit this page in order to have some of your questions asked.

I could have referred you to pages within this very forum that contains your very same doubt expressed by other users. But since you choose not to perform a basic search well... I'm not doing it for you.

As a general answer -- Our subs are stripped down off almost all type of tags, in order to guarantee their compatibility with most players that support subtitles.

VLC does not support position tags. WMP does.

As to your problem. No... addic7ed simply does not process these special tags. If you are getting wrong format messages, there is something else at odds with your sub. I suggest you run it through It will tell you when it finds syntax errors.

Cheers.

I could have said to you I performed a search before to ask and I was not able to find an answer. But since you choose to think I didn't...

However, thanks for the anwer.