Musical Note Symbol On Gom Player

ockraz

I noticed that the musical note unicode symbol seems to cause some media players trouble. For example, on UMPlayer it shows up like this: "â?"  What really surprised me, though was that just editing the srt fil, without altering the line containing the symbol can have an effect too. On GOM Player, the symbol initially displays properly, but after re-synching it looks like this: "â™"

I use subtitle workshop to edit subs, but I tried jubler to see if that made any difference but the same thing happened with it, There are other players, like VLC and KM Player where the symbol displays properly both before and after editing, but I like GOM and would rather not switch to something else. Is there some setting or something I need to change to prevent this? Obviously it's able to display the symbol but something prevents its doing so after editing.

Try saving the edited file as UTF-8 code.

If you are using notepad:

Save as...  code UTF-8

The chickens are revolting!

Brilliant! That worked.
Somehow or other when I saved the srt file in workshop and jubler the code (coding?) was lost.

I opened the file in notepad and saved it the way you said to, and now the symbols are musical notes again.

I'm certainly still going to use workshop because it's so helpful for synching,

but I'll just have to remember to do that extra step in notepad if there are any odd characters.

Thanks! :)

I'm pretty sure you can select the coding somewhere with SW.

Glad we could help.

Topic is now closed.

The chickens are revolting!