Can't download subs from Addic7ed anymore

JustPassing

Hello,

For a few weeks now, I am unable to download subs on Addic7ed. Firefox keeps telling me that a script is not responding. Regardless of what I choose (close the script, wait, etc.), nothing happens and I am unable to downloads subs. Worse, the open Addic7ed page makes my browser unresponsive and sluggish. I am forced to close the Addic7ed page (if I can) or even the whole browser.

On Chrome, I still am unable to download subs. Again, I have problems with scripts and Addic7ed keeps trying to open a page to a site called tvhoard.com. This is what Addic7ed opens in a new browser in Chrome: data:text/html,<html><head><script>window.location.href%3D'about%3Ablank'%3B<%2Fscript><%2Fhead><%2Fhtml>

I'm guessing all my ad blockers are causing issues? I'm guessing Addic7ed is trying to force some kind of pop-up or redirect me somewhere?

Can anybody tell me now to get rid of this problem without deactivating my adblocker? Thanks.

Edited by JustPassing

@JustPassing, @Aa

From the look of it, JustPassing, you haven't accessed Addic7ed with you account for more than two years, and Aa (aka Aaron_0105 on Addic7ed), your account has never been activated (I just did it) and you never logged in.

Try both logging in and it should be fine. If the issue persists, PM me on this forum.

I just created an account so I can reply that I am having the exact same issues with JustPassing for the past few weeks. Following taytoy instructions, I am able again to download.

@JustPassing, @Aa

From the look of it, JustPassing, you haven't accessed Addic7ed with you account for more than two years, and Aa (aka Aaron_0105 on Addic7ed), your account has never been activated (I just did it) and you never logged in.

Try both logging in and it should be fine. If the issue persists, PM me on this forum.

​Hi,

Same problem here. Everything was going smooth until this „Download Manager” was added to the website. 

I navigate with no problems on the website, but when I click on an episode things become annoying. It freezes my tab and it needs about 1 minute to scroll down the page and click „download”. Of course, first I need to uncheck the „Download with our download manager” (wich i consider rude for being by default selected) because it just sends me to this data:text/html,<html><head><script>window.location.href%3D'about%3Ablank'%3B<%2Fscript><%2Fhead><%2Fhtml> and nothing happends.

We're having some issue with Firefox and the download manager and it should be fixed soon.

But again, by creating an account on Addic7ed, the download manager and the ads disappear, and you get more downloads.

It's fair, it's that simple and it only takes one minute to register, more than the time you all took to create an account on this forum and to write those posts.

• taytoy locked this topic