[ONLY TOPIC] A Place to Call Home

arielonline

Hi everybody,
I am searching for somebody that has the subtitles for episode 3 from the Australia series "A Place to Call Home"? And the rest of the episodes to follow.
Or a way to extract them myself from the episode.  I tried CCextractor and Subrip, but that didn't work.
UKsubtitles has the subtitles, but he wants a donation of 20 dollars for it and I can't afford that

• taytoy locked this topic

Remember, http://uksubtitles.ru is a privately owned website and admins of addic7ed has no nothing to do with it.

You can blame MoS for everything you like (sometimes right, sometimes not) but he/she owns it's own website and can do on his/her own website whatever he/she wants. Reading all the comments, do you all think keeping a website on-line (regardless if it's Addic7ed or uksubtitles or any other) is free of costs without advertising?

There is nothing like a free lunch. Everybody expects free subtitles, as soon as possible and without any hassle. But who is actually paying the hidden costs for servers etc? Think about that.and (like it or not) but I pay my respects to MoS for daily upgrade the website with many (free) subtitles and dealing with all the shit he/she has to deal with. I suggest for the people who are so bashing, to start your own website, spread the news and put all your energy (and some money for free) into it.

Just my two cents, be kind to each other and think before posting.

Kind regards,

BorisVictor

• Like 2

I agree with BorisVictor.

No use to complain about websites or their owners.

I am trying to make subtitles for episode 3 from scratch.

Since Australian is sometimes difficult to understand, I am struggling at some words.

We could make this a joint effort, also for later episodes.

Anybody want to help ??

Regards

KoalaNL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UK Subtitles isn't anymore. This site has bought it, it seems.
Anybody know how we can get the subs for APTCH now? I contacted the previous owner of UK Subs, but he wouldn't tell me where he got them. It was a secret he said. :anyone:

UK Subtitles isn't anymore. This site has bought it, it seems.
Anybody know how we can get the subs for APTCH now? I contacted the previous owner of UK Subs, but he wouldn't tell me where he got them. It was a secret he said. :anyone:

​I can't recall where I read it, but I understand that SoHo (Foxtel) is airing the new series in such a way that subtitles can only be turned on (hard-coded) or off (non-existent), which means that cappers won't be able to provide an .srt file for subs. So one solution might be for capper(s) to record a copy with the subs turned on. It still doesn't solve the mystery of how the previous .srt files were acquired. I noticed something interesting on the file titles themselves. They each have "KCRT" in them. Don't know if any of this helps. But I sure hope we can figure this out somehow. :)

​I can't recall where I read it, but I understand that SoHo (Foxtel) is airing the new series in such a way that subtitles can only be turned on (hard-coded) or off (non-existent), which means that cappers won't be able to provide an .srt file for subs. So one solution might be for capper(s) to record a copy with the subs turned on. It still doesn't solve the mystery of how the previous .srt files were acquired. I noticed something interesting on the file titles themselves. They each have "KCRT" in them. Don't know if any of this helps. But I sure hope we can figure this out somehow. :)

​I hope so too. Who is this mysterious KCRT?

• 10 months later...

Hi,

The new season of A Place to Call home premiered yesterday, but I'm unable to find English subtitles (CC) to it. Last year, UK Subtitles did it, but didn't continue, then, KoalaNL finished it.

Does anyone know if we'll able to get it?

Thanks

• emeline-whovian unlocked this topic

I merged all topics of subtitles requests regarding this TV show.

It is and will be the only topic to request (English) subs for this show. I am sick of people not doing a search through the forum before posting. There were already 5 threads for this show! True, one was locked but the other 4 were still active. 

Plus, don't forget to respect the rules... No request for subs until 3 days after it aired on TV. :desismileys_0484:

• Like 2