Please better explain the subtitle differences before download (like HI)

welch

Sometimes when I download subtitles from addic7ed I noticed there are two English subtitles. I download them both, one of them is HI which I assume is hearing impaired and I've determined is not the one I want. There seems to be no way to tell which one is HI until I download both of them. Also I think you should explain what HI is somewhere on the page. Like mark those subtitles and say "This one is for the hearing impaired", then have a tooltip underline hearing impaired so it says something like "Sounds are described in addition to the character voices.".

Here's one of the ones I'm talking about for example:
http://www.addic7ed.com/serie/South_Park/19/7/Naughty_Ninjas

Thanks for making the subtitles it is easier for me to watch with them.

Hello @welch,

There is two English subtitles most of the time, one that is non-hearing impaired (usually the one on top of the page) and one hearing impaired.
The HI ones are marked with an ear under the language:

hi.png

Another way of knowing which is which is the number of sequences. HI will have more sequences than the NON-HI.

• Like 1

Thanks. I had no idea that was an ear. It looks like a question mark. I didn't know what that was. I think there should be a better explanation though on the page so people can tell what's what, that's my suggestion. I will keep in mind what you said. Thanks again