I don't like team restrictions

mmmmbuti

I don't agree with this (recent?) restriction that only the members of a special "team" can upload subtitles for some series. This reduces how fast subtitles for new episodes are uploaded. Before, I didn't need to check other websites, I was pretty sure that if it wasn't available yet on addic7ed, it wouldn't be available anywhere else. Now, I often find subtitles available on other sites but not yet here!! Sometimes in the past I have uploaded here subtibles that were available in friend websites myself (of course, specifying the site where I had found it), now for most series I can't do it anymore ! Very poor decision in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This reduces how fast subtitles for new episodes are uploaded. Before, I didn't need to check other websites, I was pretty sure that if it wasn't available yet on addic7ed, it wouldn't be available anywhere else.

This! For example, earlier today I found the new Game of Thrones episode sub but there's still nothing at Addic7ed! And it's avaiable in pt-br already, in english must have been avaiable even before.

Could we change for a system "approved by team" at least? Or along with hearing impaired, corrected, hd, could be a column "verified" or something?

This! For example, earlier today I found the new Game of Thrones episode sub but there's still nothing at Addic7ed! And it's avaiable in pt-br already, in english must have been avaiable even before.

Could we change for a system "approved by team" at least? Or along with hearing impaired, corrected, hd, could be a column "verified" or something?

​No.

And, you cannot demand subs for something that hasn't even aired yet. 

If subs exist for a leaked episode, be lucky. You have no right to demand subs for it, though.

There are plenty of other websites providing subtitles, with inconsistent quality. Feel free to check them out. 

Otherwise, I refer you to @kinglouisxx's post above, because I would just be repeating what he said.

• Like 6

I am not "demanding". The subs already exists and are provided by members of Addic7ed even.

Another example is Steven Universe season 03, today is episode 6 and there's ZERO subtitles at the site right now. That's the real point.

Dear Mraya,

Maybe you are not demanding but you want to find/consider a system to get less good subtitles "pre-uploaded".
The fun thing about Addic7ed is that -as downloader- you can expect a decent subtitle.

Your suggestion is not unfriendly, but consider this. Somebody uploads a Google translated "subtitle" (not approved by team). People download this subtitle and are unhappy, Then - a couple of days later - a good version of this subtitle is uploaded and approved by team. Do you think a downloader will come back to Addic7ed to re-download the new better version?

As emeline-whovian wrote; there are other websites uploading every kind of quality of subtitles, I guess users should be happy that there is a quality filter here.

Regarding Steven Universe, there are so many shows and all is done for free and in spare time. If there are ZERO subtitles for Season 03, why don't you make the effort to provide these? I'm sure you will get permission to upload a good version from an admin.

Kind regards,

• Like 7

For example, earlier today I found the new Game of Thrones episode sub but there's still nothing at Addic7ed! And it's avaiable in pt-br already, in english must have been avaiable even before.

Just for the sake of argument, let's use your example of the (leaked) GoT 06x05. 

At this moment, there are 3 English subtitles on subscene.com (uploaded by djamel360, Ma-rt-in and Nojus741).

The 3 subtitles appear to have identical text and all 3 have this line near the end: "Translated by Google translator from Portuguese."

If you download, or even just use subscene's preview for those subs, you will very quickly see the poor quality of the subs. For all I know, the Portuguese sub may be excellent, but the English version is atrocious. If addic7ed allowed any user to upload GoT subs, these would no doubt be on site at this point. And not only would that be a horrible disservice to our users but a complete waste of time for anyone trying to do translations from the English subs.

Edited by err0001
  • Like 9