Section Zero - need help with english translation

tio00

Hi to all!

I just today discovered the french series "Section Zero" and it looks VERY interesting. I downloaded the following 8 episodes; S01E01-08.french.bdrip.x264-louvre. They have embedded french subs that I extracted and ran through the translator at http://www.syedgakbar.com/projects/subtitles-translate. Unfortunately, I do not speak French, so I am unable to correct the translation...

My questions are:

1. Do I just click the "New translation" under each episode and upload the subtitles to start a new translation?

2. Is there someone here that can help correct the english translation?

This is my first time with a translation, so I am looking for guidance. Thanks in advance!

PS. I've attached the auto tranlated english subs to this post.

Section.Zero.S01E08.DVD.LOUVRE.srt

Section.Zero.S01E07.DVD.LOUVRE.srt

Section.Zero.S01E06.DVD.LOUVRE.srt

Section.Zero.S01E05.DVD.LOUVRE.srt

Section.Zero.S01E04.DVD.LOUVRE.srt

Section.Zero.S01E03.DVD.LOUVRE.srt

Section.Zero.S01E02.DVD.LOUVRE.srt

Section.Zero.S01E01.DVD.LOUVRE.srt

Hi @tio00

Even though your intentions are appreciable, we do not, ever, upload auto translation on addic7ed.
It seems you understand english properly. So, if you take just one minute to read your subs, you'll see that half the sentences don't make sense and there is still plenty of french.

You can leave them here, if you want, and hope for somebody to start collaborating with you improving those subs.
But you can't upload them on addic7ed.

Regarding your first question about uploads, you're not trying to start a new translation, "new translation" is for doing the translation online, open to all, you want to upload a new version of Section Zero S01E01, so, you're to click on the button " upload a new version" below all the other version, right before the comment section.
It appears you've found it though, since you uploaded episode 1.

• Like 2

You need to realise you're only as awesome as you think you are.

Hi @LittleDuck,

Thank you for your kind reply! 

Would the best course of action be to first upload the original french subs, and start a "new translation" from that, hoping that it would be easier for others to contribute that way?

Again, thanks for any help and sorry about my newbie-ness.

• Like 1