Série Noire S01 (2014) [French-Canadian]

TestosteronnieFlex

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has English subtitles for the first season of the French-Canadian TV show Série Noire. The episodes are out there to get, but the English subtitles are not. Apparently the first season is subtitled in English on Netflix, but even if I had a Netflix account, I wouldn't be able to grab the subtitles myself -; it seems the show is only visible for Netflix in Canada (and supposedly France).

I've tried looking for the subtitles in the usual places to no avail - if someone can get these, then sharing them would be much appreciated. I can try and sync them myself to a certain release myself (although, admittedly, I'm very much a beginner at doing so and the fact that this show is in a language I don't speak, well...). Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you so much, explosiveskull! I'll grab an available release soon and will try syncing the subtitles. Thank you again for taking the time to download them!

EDIT: To prove that I'm serious, here's explosiveskull's srt for the first episode, synced to Serie.Noire.S01E01.FRENCH.HDTV.x264-BAWLS. I'll sync the remaining 11 7 episodes in Serie.Noire.S01.FRENCH.HDTV.x264-BAWLS as I watch them and attach them to this post :-)

The subtitles are now on Addic7ed - I'm generally syncing one episode per day. 

• Like 4

Hello,

Thank you so much, explosiveskull! I'll grab an available release soon and will try syncing the subtitles. Thank you again for taking the time to download them!

EDIT: To prove that I'm serious, here's explosiveskull's srt for the first episode, synced to Serie.Noire.S01E01.FRENCH.HDTV.x264-BAWLS. I'll sync the remaining 11 8 episodes in Serie.Noire.S01.FRENCH.HDTV.x264-BAWLS as I watch them and attach them to this post :-)

serie.noire.101.french.hdtv.x264-bawls.srt

serie.noire.102.french.hdtv.x264-bawls.srt

serie.noire.s01e03.french.hdtv.x264-bawls.srt

serie.noire.s01e04.french.hdtv.x264-bawls.srt

​Thanks, TestosteronnieFlex. Can you please upload them on Addic7ed? I've created the show and have also added a banner for it.

• Like 1

​Thanks, TestosteronnieFlex. Can you please upload them on Addic7ed? I've created the show and have also added a banner for it.

I wouldn't mind, but, erm, I am a bit nervous about doing so as uploading to Addic7ed implies really good QC - I've always found the subtitles I've obtained from here to be of really good quality. And this is the first show that I'm syncing, and I'm certainly not an expert at it. I don't wish to disappoint anybody. (I do promise to finish syncing the show all the way to the end of the season as I'm enjoying it personally and I'm thankful to you, explosiveskull, for the time you spent obtaining the subtitles - taking them and running would be a poor way for me to show that.)

All this isn't to say the subtitles are duds, I'm watching the show as I do it, so I'm making sure the syncing is correct - even though I don't speak French, it is surprisingly easy to be able to tell if a sentence is completely out of place, but still if you look at the subtitles for the first episode, on the first part of the episode, I'm out by a single word.

Of course, if I should just shut up instead of going on and just upload the subtitles to Addic7ed instead of editing my post here, then I'm happy to do so :-)

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind, but, erm, I am a bit nervous about doing so as uploading to Addic7ed implies really good QC - I've always found the subtitles I've obtained from here to be of really good quality. And this is the first show that I'm syncing, and I'm certainly not an expert at it. I don't wish to disappoint anybody. (I do promise to finish syncing the show all the way to the end of the season as I'm enjoying it personally and I'm thankful to you, explosiveskull, for the time you spent obtaining the subtitles - taking them and running would be a poor way for me to show that.)

All this isn't to say the subtitles are duds, I'm watching the show as I do it, so I'm making sure the syncing is correct - even though I don't speak French, it is surprisingly easy to be able to tell if a sentence is completely out of place, but still if you look at the subtitles for the first episode, on the first part of the episode, I'm out by a single word.

Of course, if I should just shut up instead of going on and just upload the subtitles to Addic7ed instead of editing my post here, then I'm happy to do so :-)

​There's no reason to feel nervous. We all appreciate your work and by uploading these subtitles directly to Addic7ed, you make them available for a lot of people. :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

hi, thanks for sharing the subtitles! i love watching this series but i don't know enough french!

i would see some of the episodes but i couldn't understand them.

now i'm almost done with season 1! it's so funny! 

i hope someone can also share the subtitles for season 2! 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I bought the DVDs and now would like to sync the subtitles here.  But are the subfiles at 24? 

Anyone done this before???  and maybe have the offset numbers? Trial and error re-rendering is killing me!

thanks for any help.

• 2 months later...