Subsaga

Vultural

Can anyone tell me how to download subs from subsaga com?

I know I used to down subtitles from them, but now I only see a transcript.

Thank you.

Quelqu'un peut-il me dire comment télécharger subs from subsaga com?
Je sais que j'avais l'habitude d'en faire des sous-titres, mais maintenant, je vois seulement une transcription.
Je vous remercie.

• Like 1

HK.gif

I'm a regular user of subsaga and notice that today the blue bar on individual episode pages are missing site-wide. Usually I would click on that blue bar to download the .srt file.

kinglouisxx - do you have any idea if this is a temporary glitch? Recently the site stopped updating new shows, but then came back again. Now all the .srt files are gone for all shows, past and present. Thanks for any info. :)

• Like 1

same here, i can't seem to download subtitle from subsaga again. i wonder what going on because i'm heavily depended on subsaga for their documentary subtitle 

• Like 1

Replace the html of the end of the link to srt, enter.
Right-click> save as> change txt to srt> download.

​Thanks, zpozuhrm! That's a very fast way to do it. For me in Ubuntu, I don't even have to right click, as the download box pops up after I hit Enter.

I like subsaga and used to use them regularly. But ass and srt downloads seem to have gone?  Any ideas, or do I have to parse the HTML? I did find a couple of bugs in ass, but could see no way to alert subsaga.

Replace the html of the end of the link to srt, enter.
Right-click> save as> change txt to srt> download.

​Thank you! We've been hugely dependent on Subsaga for subtitles and were completely foxed by the disappearance of the download button.

Jan, that's OK for simple srt, but does not pull out any style info (for ass or srt with color). This is in the HTML. Just a bit more work! 

• 1 month later...

Zappatista.  I had same issue and ended up using MS Excel vba to parse the html and translate into srt and ass formats. The SubSaga transcript also includes all the BBC styles so it was worth it for me. The time format in the SubSaga transcript can be an issue, it is neither ass nor srt and needed some massage.

• Like 1

Zpozuhrm's method worked OK for me.  Afterward, I put into Subtitle Edit and "fixed common errors" and "broke long lines."

• Like 1

HK.gif

Thanks Vultural. Works for me now. I wasn't changing the extension in the link, but saving the transcript webpage with changed extension.

Note this also works with ass. However, both seem to work best with Chrome, IE seems to mix things up (at least for me)

• 5 months later...

Subsaga hasn't added any subs for shows for 2 weeks now. Anyone have any info on whether it's a temp break, or not? I'm optimistic, as I seem to recall a break of a few weeks happening before.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It did not update since March this year, I'm still waiting for updates. does anyone know if it will be resumed or it just stops forever

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know what happened with this British website? It's been 2 years since it hasn't been updated.

There was another website to get subtitles from BBC called subtitles.toh.info, but the owner or owners decided to stop that project.

Does anyone know where to get BBC subtitles ?

Edited by Sheldon131

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, emeline-whovian said:

Are there specific shows that you're looking for?

We can try and see to get them for you.

I'm looking for their reality series like Escape to the Country, Homes under the Hammer etc. Probably no one is watching these, but those websites were very, very helpful.