Recruitment! Syncers only, NOT translators!

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, Happy New Year to you too and thanks for your message.

Are you fully aware that we're not looking for translators (you can do that on your own, there's no team)?

Cheers

Posted

Hi, 

I would like to join the team, i'm available any time so it's perfect for this, i can do the french sous titles and i can start know

I really want to help you soon as possible.

waiting for good message from you.

Posted

Hi, 

I would like to join the team, i'm available any time so it's perfect for this, i can do the french sous titles and i can start know

I really want to help you soon as possible.

waiting for good message from you.

Hi @Leeliths

​Addic7ed is looking for syncers, not translators.

1 person likes this

Posted

As often, we're looking for new syncers. News shows are created every year and syncers come and go, as part of the circle of life.

If we're shorthanded, we won't be able to do shows in a timely fashion.

Among all the shows available, here is a short listDoctor Who, Outlander, Modern Family, Mr. Robot, Ray Donovan, The Flash, Supergirl, Will & Grace, Vikings...

So if you want to join our team and become a syncer for the English subtitles, read the conditions and contact us if you feel like you're a good fit.

* Be available in the MORNINGS GMT for the shows you'll do during week days (most shows air during the week, NOT during the weekends). The more popular the show, the more it has to be done early.
* Be a SERIOUS, COMMITTED, RESPONSIBLE person
* Have a GOOD understanding of English
* Have a Facebook account (if you don't have one, create one please), it's absolutely necessary to communicate within the team.
* Be a TEAM player. Albeit syncing is individual, you'll be part of a team, where helping each other out is important.

THIS IS NOT A ONE TIME THING. If you join us, you commit to something, and you're responsible for your own shows. So if you're not fully committed, please DON'T waste our time.

We teach and handle new syncers on our own free time. We are NOT looking for translators, and we all do this FOR FREE.

FYI, translations AREN'T DONE by the Addic7ed Team but by regular users like you. We do not manage them. We "only" moderate the users and content reported by you.

If you have no knowledge about subtitles, it's ok, that's why we're here for, we'll teach you.
If you match the conditions and want to help us out, and become a syncer for Addic7ed, drop us a comment, send me a private message, use our contact form, reach us on Facebook, Twitter...

We hope you'll join us!

hi!

I would like to join the community as well.

Please advice me on how I can start. 

I'm ready to work with you.

Posted

Hi, I’d really like to join the team.

Posted

hey, i would be pleased to join you i can do english to arabic and arabic to english.

hope i will hear from you soon . 

Posted

I would like to join the team.

I follow some series and like to translate the subtitles for my own use mostly from english to brazillian portuguese.

the same for the movies. 

have some knowledge of spanish and french.

hope to hear from you soon

camell85

Posted

Please, please, please everyone, read before posting! We are NOT looking for translators, but syncers!

1 person likes this

Posted

@emeline-whovian

i already post, to try become an syncer, but no one answer to my post..  i think there's nothing wrong to teach someone how to sync, but nobody respons. i already say that i want to contribute to addic7ed, and again no one respon.

WTF.

Posted

@the_wizard Hi there, i wanted to try it too but i i think you should at least begin to sync some shows on your own to get use to it.

You can't really get more help than the tutotials they provide, and they're whole/pratical.

Have a good day :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@the_wizard : I am not a team member but if I may... You didn't really applied to join the team. You asked for someone to teach you something (resync from low def version to WEB-DL) and proposed to post your resync on Addic7ed when able to.

This post is about recruiting people willing to help (and not asking for help) to sync CC and provide english ST. It's about teaching you how to sync, not how to resync for your own TV collection. Search a tutorial online for that, Google is your friend.

The team is doing an amazing job and giving a lot of their personnal time doing it. They owe you nothing, and they surely don't deserve to be accused of anything.
When you receive no answer, start to ask yourself why, not to blame.

Edited by 2secondes
4 people like this

Posted

To @prestigebdh and @@camell85, as said above, this is not the place for translators. Only for wannabee syncers. Thanks

Posted

@the_wizard: You obviously didn't bother to check the first post, being about recruitment. If you want to resync on your own, there are tutorials for that, that you would have found if you had browsed the site.
@2secondes said everything there was to say.

Posted

As I said above I translate the subtitles and of course they were all synchronized.

I use two main programs for synchronization: subtitle workshop and subtitle edit.

I will continuing doing my job for my own.

god bless you all.

Posted (edited)

Try to use Visual Sub Sync camell85, you will do a better job on both sync and translation, IMO.

Edited by 2secondes

Posted

Hi!

I would like to join the team to upload my synced and corrected english and russian subs. 

Posted

Hi, thanks but that's not how it works. You can upload your Russian subtitles, but English (for shows that we do) is for our team only. Joining the team wouldn't allow you to upload any English subtitle you want; For more info about what we're looking for, please check the first post.

Posted

How exciting, I would love ❤ to be part of this team!! !

1 person likes this

Posted

If you're interested, make sure you've read the 1st post with the conditions, and contact me :)