Recruitment! Syncers only, NOT translators!

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I'd like to take the opportunity to join the team as a Syncer. Please PM for more details. Thank you in advance!

Best,

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello

Dear Admin.. am neither Syncer nor Translator yet it doesnt mean am useless at this age of 50+ years. I want to join the team with just one purpose.. to supply a Subtitle that is yet to be posted on Addict website. I even wont want my name there too if you like it this way.. Just sincerely want to provide random subtitles. For example at this moment theres no sub available for The Strangers Season 1 Episode 6 (which I have it right on my desktop) So kindly allow me to become a part of team and provide whatever Sub and time i could get from a busy medical life, being a Doctor. Thanx

Dr. Bukhari

Pakistan 

Posted

Hi, anyone is welcomed to upload subtitles for shows that we don't provide. In your example, that's a show we provide, and so you can't upload it. Being part of the team wouldn't let you upload it either, since every syncer has their own shows.

Cheers

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you so much for reply. I got it completely now. My intention was to help the viewers of that particular show to get Sub at the earliest. Plz guide me by telling that can I directly send the Sub to the Admin who is uploading that particular series? I dont want to have my name in the Sub or the Episode page at all. I tell you the actual reason now. This website of yours (and mine too) is working excellent and provides fastest Sub (within 48 hours after an episode is broadcast). This is the thing I like most. BUT I felt that Strangers is perhaps the only show whose Sub is delayed for almost till its next Episode broadcast day (just one or two days prior in fact) This is not the case with other shows mostly. I know you must be aware of this already. My concern is, if someone who is working on this show does not get enough time in real life to post it as fast as almost all the other shows then he/she should be wither helped or replaced (not my call to take this decision of course) but as an ardent lover of the website I just feel that the delay (i know it is not an intentional delay) produced a bad impression of the website... and that is a thing which motivated me to help. Again thanx for listening to me patiently. 

Warm Regards. 

Posted

We usually only cover US/Canadian shows. Sometimes, syncers want to take other foreign shows, and that's their right. And as with other shows, they try to produce them as fast as they can, based on their real-life schedule. Whether other users already found those subtitles on other sites, or via other means is non-relevant to that status. We do our subtitles a certain way, that is our standard, and we don't let users upload subtitles that we cover, even if there's a delay. That has been set years ago, and that's not a rule we bend around, even if people are "pissed" off by some delay. Most tend to forget that several years ago, a week of delay was the sheer minimum to get any subtitle at all, which usually was of very poor quality. So if users have to wait for our quality, so be it. People don't have to like our rules, just to respect them.

I get that you want to help, but there's nothing you can do but wait. The syncer has the material as well, and will produce it when possible.

2 people like this

Posted

I wanna be in the American Horror Story team

Posted

Sorry, there is no such team. If you're referring to translations, then you didn't read the post.