Big errors in translation

LWSeries

Sorry if i'm writing in the wrong place, but it's subtitle related.

I found italian subtitles for Midnight, Texas s02e01 and e02 on Subtitle Cat (subtitlecat.com), at the end appears www.Addic7ed.com so i found you.

The very big problem is that they are orrible; some point's:

• some names translated (a.e. Midnight, name of the town translated, it makes nonsense paragraph)
  • you second person singular used instead of second person plural (it makes nonsense paragraph, again)
  • some typical expressions that make nonsense in italian
  • grammar it's messed up

Looking your releases i didn't find italian for Midnight, Texas so i think that someone had a copy/paste work from an automatic translator from english subs.

Just to let you know.

Starting from that, here attached the s02e01 italian subs corrected (if you want to publish).

My English isn't so good so maybe it's not accurated 100% (sync it's ok, i didn't modified timing); if you have italian translators they will took a few minutes to verify.

Just let me know if you want that i correct the s02e02.

Midnight.Texas.S02E01.HDTV.x264.srt

Hi, thanks but we don't have translators on our team, we're only English-subtitles based.

We sadly can't stop people from grabbing our subs and applying our credits on stuff that wasn't made by us. That site's obviously an automated translation site, that shouldn't even exist, sadly, idiots are everywhere :D

Feel free to upload translations (if they don't already exist for your versions) on the appropriate episodes.
Check our FAQ if you need a guide on how to do that.

Thanks

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.

I have to say that I agree with LWSeries.

But, first, I have to say thanks, a lot  of thanks, to all the people who put a lot of time and work behind the subtitles scene. It's a hard work, and, in many cases, it goes completely unrecognized. We tend to take subtitles for granted and often forget how painstakingly it's done.

What I meant, on agreeing with LWSeries, is that some people, in order to do a translation, just copy and paste into some type of onlie translation facility. And to hell with everything. I'd like to point out that in order to translate, let's say from Englis to Spanish, form a spaniard point of view. You have to know English, of course, but, and this is a big but, you have to know even more Spanish, to be able to translate te meaning.

Excuse my poor English.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks but we don't have translators on our team, we're only English-subtitles based.

We sadly can't stop people from grabbing our subs and applying our credits on stuff that wasn't made by us. That site's obviously an automated translation site, that shouldn't even exist, sadly, idiots are everywhere :D

Feel free to upload translations (if they don't already exist for your versions) on the appropriate episodes.
Check our FAQ if you need a guide on how to do that.

Thanks

i tried to upload, but the show selection list says that only team members can upload subtitle for midnight texas