How to upload corrected subs outside of web-editor?

ZionGate

Hi,

I searched for something like this in the forums but couldn't find an answer, if there's already one out there please point me in the right direction ;)

So I downloaded subs here, which were mostly good. However I always correct them for myself with Subtitle Workshop (dialog dashes, typos, missing words etc) before and while I'm watching the episode. So I now have a corrected .srt that I could share with the rest of the world, however I couldn't find a way to upload a corrected/updated sub. From what I could gather you can only edit them with the embedded web editor. But that would be too time consuming as I don't want to go line by line comparing what has been corrected or not with the web editor and SW side by side. Plus I don't want to redo something I already spent time on. So I was looking for a way to directly upload the corrected/updated .srt file but not as a separate version, since I haven't tweaked the timing etc. Is that even possible ? How so ? And if not, what's the best course of action ?

Thanks for your help !

Hello,

If you want to edit a subtitle, you have 2 solutions: edit them online, or upload another version (please read the FAQ if you need more info: http://www.sub-talk.net/topic/2784-frequently-asked-questions/)

Then, make an alert to the moderators using the yellow triangle next to the old version and we'll delete it.

Cheers.