Subtitle Edit

DrJackson

Hi Niske, (you miss me? :D )

I guess it is not such a big deal, but :) , I want to show you something (that I belive it can be done easily, by resizing text area on SE GUI)

kagpp5.jpg

and:

16a8qah.jpg

I guess you can see what I'm talking about.
I'm not sure if it is happen in same way in the other languages (because lack of knowledge :D ),

Thank you,

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hmmm, I guess someone is in vacation :D .

Therefore, I decided to notice another kind of bug:

Merge short lines:

v4rr6e.jpg

That is was I get when I tried to remove empty lines using Merge short lines option. (I use your latest SE beta release)

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

What's up doc?

About the language stuff, I would say that the language file should be fixed... if you press Ctrl+Shit+Alt+L in the "Choose langauge" dialog the current language will be dumped to "Language.xml". Can be edited and chosen as current language. But actually I'm working in next version - where the "Create/adjust lines" window will be in the main windows (language file not available yet).

The "Merge short lines" bug should be fixed in latest test version also.

This test version integrates the video player into the main window + left menu is moved to menu + tools menu splitted + minor new stuff added.
http://www.nikse.dk/se/SETest.rar

What's up doc?
[...]

I'm hiding to Eunice, so Judy can't find me when I'm looking for my luggage! :D

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

I used to first save it in subtitle workshop, cause it removed the blank lines, and after that load it in SE. I forgot to mention this :)
Let me start my bugs list:

- italic tags, ..., " next to a name fail to capitalize the name in change case option; or in a composed expressions like boston-placed
- merge short lines did not work for italic lines
- not being able to select the maximum characters per line when splitting long lines (i wish 43 would be a standard)
- find/replace does not go to the beginning when starting in the middle of the sub and getting to the end
- fix common errors - "in the 90s" wants to be corrected to "in the 9os"; it is never the case of such correction
- in removing text for hearing impaired, when the [text] is at the end of the line, it is never removed.
- italic before a NAME: does not remove the NAME: when removing the text for HI

Hmm, I use 2.9.3, build 13338. :D

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

I'm hiding to Eunice, so Judy can't find me when I'm looking for my luggage! :D

He, at what gate address was that, dr. jackson? ;)

I used to first save it in subtitle workshop, cause it removed the blank lines, and after that load it in SE. I forgot to mention this :)
Let me start my bugs list:

- italic tags, ..., " next to a name fail to capitalize the name in change case option; or in a composed expressions like boston-placed
- merge short lines did not work for italic lines
- not being able to select the maximum characters per line when splitting long lines (i wish 43 would be a standard)
- find/replace does not go to the beginning when starting in the middle of the sub and getting to the end
- fix common errors - "in the 90s" wants to be corrected to "in the 9os"; it is never the case of such correction
- in removing text for hearing impaired, when the [text] is at the end of the line, it is never removed.

Hmm, I use 2.9.3, build 13338. :D

Thx for all the feedback honeybunny :)

>I used to first save it in subtitle workshop, cause it removed the blank lines, and after that load it in SE. I forgot to mention this :)
That's an option on the latest test version.

>- italic tags, ..., " next to a name fail to capitalize the name in change case option; or in a composed expressions like boston-placed
That should work now.

>- merge short lines did not work for italic lines
That should work now.

>- not being able to select the maximum characters per line when splitting long lines (i wish 43 would be a standard)
That should be possible now.

SE should do that now.

>- fix common errors - "in the 90s" wants to be corrected to "in the 9os"; it is never the case of such correction
Hm, works here.

>- in removing text for hearing impaired, when the [text] is at the end of the line, it is never removed.
Eh, do you have a test subtitle?

Should work.

>I use 2.9.3, build 13338
Such an old version ;)

Latest test version is here: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SETest.rar

Damn... I just upgraded.. It looks completely different :D

Hmm, I can't resize it so I can see the whole bottom section...

And when I capitalized America, it didn't capitalized it in "america's got talent".

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Damn... I just upgraded.. It looks completely different :D

Now you sound like users of this forum ;)

Hmm, I can't resize it so I can see the whole bottom section...

Thx, seems to happen after a minimize, fixed here: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SETest.rar
I thought I had tested everything: different resolution, dpi setting, large fonts etc., but no...

And when I capitalized America, it didn't capitalized it in "america's got talent".

Hm, it did that here...

He, at what gate address was that, dr. jackson? ;)
[...]

Hmmm, guess it is RO 040 258....:D

Minor bug:
After a change casing use, first letter of first word after something like [text] it is changed to uppercase.

ex:
Something and
[bleep] get off on my deck

becames

Something and
[bleep] Get off on my deck

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

[...] SETest.rar

Ok, seems to be trouble - big trouble on this test version.
Timing adjust doesn't work, selecting set start and offset the rest don't do what is intend to do, time after line that is related as set start are totally wrong, in addition or/and substraction, but not how it was the release just before that version.
More specific, it set time for line, but offset doesn't work, add (or substract) some time that should not be added.

The old version has also an option to syncronize subs with video file when playing. This test version doesn't have it. Also, this version doesn't have that options to move forward/backward with 1, 3 sec or min, you know what I mean.
Only a combo with first option of 0,500 sec forward or backward are not the best option, even you (as an user) can change that value.
Also, maybe some hot keys are welcome (pause, play, set start...). But that is not an easy quiz.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Something and
[bleep] get off on my deck

becames

Something and
[bleep] Get off on my deck

OK, should be fixed in latest test version - could you verify?

Ok, seems to be trouble - big trouble on this test version.
Timing adjust doesn't work, selecting set start and offset the rest don't do what is intend to do, time after line that is related as set start are totally wrong, in addition or/and substraction, but not how it was the release just before that version.
More specific, it set time for line, but offset doesn't work, add (or substract) some time that should not be added.

The old version has also an option to syncronize subs with video file when playing. This test version doesn't have it. Also, this version doesn't have that options to move forward/backward with 1, 3 sec or min, you know what I mean.
Only a combo with first option of 0,500 sec forward or backward are not the best option, even you (as an user) can change that value.
Also, maybe some hot keys are welcome (pause, play, set start...). But that is not an easy quiz.

doc.

Adjust is probably what I use the least...

Hm, I could not see the problem with the set start and offset the rest... could you provide an example?

The set end and go to next did not work so well. Fixed now.... well, should it touch the start time of the new line? (right now it sets the next lines start time to right after previous line)

Added some short cuts:
  • Ctrl+P - Toogle play/pause
  • Ctrl+arrow left/right - adjust 100 milliseconds
  • Ctrl+Shift+arrow left/right - adjust 1 second
  • Alt+arrow left/right - adjust 0,5 second

Are the "<< 1 sec" etc. buttons necessary with the short cuts? If yes, are two enough or do you have a better idea?

Latest test version: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SETest.rar

[...]
Hm, I could not see the problem with the set start and offset the rest... could you provide an example?
[...]

It is the latest version!

Just look at that:

2rdxmdu.jpg

As you can see, I set start for line 165 and what it happened is obvious.

Now, two more:
Before merge with line after:

219p5vo.jpg

And after merge with line after:

24oacu0.jpg

At previous version, merge options just added lines and times when that lines has shown. Here, it added time from first frame to the last frame on selected lines!

The old version has also an option to syncronize subs with video file when playing. This test version doesn't have it. [...].
Also, maybe some hot keys are welcome (pause, play, set start...)

That was a good option.
From my point of view, play/pause and set start and offset the rest, are most important to have some shortcut keys. Time can be set in many ways, so, shortcuts for that I guess are not so important.
That is for now :D .

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

set start and offset the rest...

Thx, nice catch :)
Fixed.

Before merge with line after:

Fixed - newer worked like this before, but I can see your way is better :)

syncronize subs with video file when playing
That was a good option.

It's back.

From my point of view, play/pause and set start and offset the rest, are most important to have some shortcut keys. Time can be set in many ways, so, shortcuts for that I guess are not so important.

Any ideas for good shortcut keys?
You can also press the Alt key...

Nice testing doc :)

EDIT: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SETest.rar

Hi,

[...]
Any ideas for good shortcut keys?
You can also press the Alt key...
[...]

Hmmm..., let's see...:D
We are using a sub editor and that means we need to work fast. So, I think Ctrl+ something, Shift+ something, or worse, Ctrl+Shift+Alt+something (He, He, He, why do not try a Ctrl+Alt+Del combination for, let's say, a Format c:\ option ? he, he, he), seems to be not the best option.
Why not a F1 key for help, or, F2 for start/pause, F3 for...? :)

Anyway, thank you for your attention.

doc

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

[...]
Fixed - newer worked like this before, but I can see your way is better :)

[...]

Now !
After a merge use, lines are not automatically splited according to maximal lenght.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Now !
After a merge use, lines are not automatically splited according to maximal lenght.

doc.

Now they are :)

OK, new test version up: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SETest.rar

Short cuts (small labels to the right of buttons now... might change it to mouse over hints)
  • F7 - go back 3 seconds
  • F8 - Toogle play
  • F9 - Start start and offset rest
  • F10 - Set end and goto next
  • F11 - Set start
  • F12 - Set end

Also, ctrl+space = Start start and offset rest, Shift+space = Sent end and goto next

[...]
OK, new test version up:[...]

Nice work !

Now :D , take a look at that:

What do you think about?
14409d2.jpg

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Nice work !

Now :D , take a look at that:

What do you think about?

Actually, some of the first test versions had the video player at the top.
I've moved quite a bit around and the reason for the current layout is that then controls are close together - and hence quicker to move between with the mouse/eyes (and it's possible to use in 800x600).
se.png

Latest test version - now with Ms Bing Translate: http://www.nikse.dk/se/SETest.rar