Bergerac (1981-1991) English subs S5-S9 (BBC)

sudsy

Hi, Sudsy!

I noticed that OpenSubtitles also has English subs for some of the episodes of season 5, namely episodes 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

All of them have been uploaded by elaczek. And the upload date for the last two episodes is July 17. So, my guess is that she will eventually upload English subs for episode 9 as well, and that she simply forgot to upload English subs for episodes 2, 3, and 4.

One thing you can do is contact elaczek and ask her if she has English subs for the rest of the episodes of season 5 or even for seasons 6-9.

In order to contact her, you need to register to OpenSubtitles, and then leave a comment on her profile page.

If you really want those subs, I believe that's the best course of action because I thoroughly searched the various subtitle sites and I haven't found them anywhere.

Best of luck! :)

• Like 1

​Costa Dax... Thanks for your input.  You are always such a great source of info.  I did see the uploads of a few episodes of Season 5.  I had looked at a few of them to determine uploader, and all that I viewed were listed as anonymous. So it's a great help to learn it's "elaczek". I will do as you suggest regarding posting on her profile page and hope for the best.  Thanks again! 

Hi, sudsy!

What do you need subtitles for if you're English-speaking?
I can not share all subtitles at once, because I noticed
that the program (Subrip) for extracting subtitles from the DVD consumes two letters ("C" & "r").
Before each episode I have to manually correct the subtitles from the entire episode.
There will be all episodes in English.

And now for something completely different.

I am looking for an English native,
for me to write dialogues from a miniseries from the 80s.
Of course, he would do it for free.
No time codes, only dialogues.
Anyone interested?

Hi John Nettles (I like your choice of user name)

I use subs because of hearing issues particularly if there is a bit of an accent involved.  Any that you could provide would be greatly appreciated. As an alternative to save you effort, you could extract the raw idx/sub files and pass them to me via email or file host, and I could convert them myself. Would that work?  If you're interested in doing that, PM me here.  FYI I'm missing subs for Season 5 Episodes 3, 4, 9 and Seasons 6-9. The uploader on opensubtitles seems to be posting one or two a week including a new one today so maybe we could start with season 6.

As for your request, I suggest you post it as a separate topic, perhaps in the general section.  I'm unclear what you want done, so perhaps you could elaborate. As best as I can tell, you want an English speaking person to listen and write what is being said in the miniseries while watching. 

I'll appreciate any help you can give me.

sudsy