Google (Firefox) Reporting Addic7Ed As A Bad Sight

Dawg

I tried a bid ago to get to Addic7ed only top have firefox pop up a warning saying it was a bad sight. Tried to over ride but failed until I turned off the block bad sights option.

Now I now that Addic7ed is not a bad sight, but maybe the web master can look into it.

post-728-021774700 1287201074_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

For about a day now, addic7ed is being blocked in firefox as an attack page. Looked through forum and didn't see any other posts, so i thought i would make one. The firefox safe browsing diagnostic for addic7ed can be found here. Info on firefox safe search can be found here.

Good morning.

I suspect that you don't really know that Addic7ed is not an "attack page", especially as you obviously trust your instincts over the only means you have of alerting you to such things.
(i.e., for, "...I now that Addic7ed is not a bad sight", read, "...I love addic7ed." :D)

So the obvious answer is to turn off the Firefox "Block reported attack.." Google plug-in thing.

Problem solved - but I suggest that you get yourself some form of protection against nasty or infected web sites.

(Note: Google.com also fails the "Safe browsing" test: http://www.google.co...site=google.com, so maybe your instincts are true and trustworthy. )

s

Important links: Forum Help.

United%20Kingdom.gif

Never look before you leap, it'll spoil the surprise.

Morning.

When I connected this morning, first it wasn't blocked, but I got a "This site requires a plug-in'.
Still, none showed up at scan for new plug-in's, so it must be a mistake.
And then, this ****** alert !

Btw, I requested a review (in case it would work), because this attack site function might be usefull sometimes, but I so love Addic7ed and it's messing with css....

Ok... just woke up and looking into it.
Just so you know.. i'm 99% sure it's an error.

This is exactly (more or lesS) what happened:

What is the current listing status for addic7ed.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 536 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 20 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-15, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-15.Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including
systemtotallytree.co.cc/

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including
thread1157014.ipq.co/

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including
AS16276 (OVH)
AS33070 (RMH)

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, addic7ed.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

LATER EDIT:

We removed the code that was causing problems. We requested a review from Google and hopefully, things will be back to normal very soon. It's 100% clean now.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

I have had this happen before on another site that I visit and SOMETIMES, repeat sometimes, an ad can have a link in it to malware, or clicking on an ads link can mess you up. I do not believe that Addic7ed is a bad site and I am sure that Alex will look into the "problem".

Just an FYI I get the same block using Firefox and IE 8.0 but, of course, nothing when using Linux.

Thanks to ALL the uploaders that make Addic7ed such a wonderful site.

• Like 1

I am using Linux and i get the block.. because it's mostly browser related (browsers that have the stopmalware feature).

Thanks for the ads tip :-)

We removed the code that was causing problems. We requested a review from Google and hopefully, things will be back to normal very soon. It's 100% clean now.
However, it will take sometime for Google to crawl the website and figure out it's clean / safe.

However, it will take sometime for Google to crawl the website and figure out it's clean / safe.

Thanks Alex