Saving Private Ryan

VeRdiKT

Damn, I saw this movie when I was 8 and I still remember how beautiful this movie was. Anyways, I just caught it on TV and thus, here's my review.

imgsaving20private20ryan1.jpg

Trailer:

iMDB:
[imdb]0120815[/imdb]

Verdikt:
I think Spielberg should quit sci-fi and continue to work on war movies. This movie is intriguing and.... damn, I'm still under awe. The movie is about a couple of soldiers who go on enemy territory just to save a private.

However graphic this movie is, we can see a hidden agenda that tells us that war is brutal. The 20 minute epic war scene is memorable - in fact, it's even better than the war scenes at 300 (Gerard Butler) or Troy (Brad Pitt). Tom Hanks plays a Captain who leads his soldiers into the gates of Hell. I was quite shocked to see Jeremy Davies (who plays Faraday in the TV show Lost) and we can imagine his fragile state of mind. The movie explores many situations and seeing that this movie won 5 Oscars including Best Picture; if you haven't seen it, go see it NOW!

Favourite quote:
"Please, I like America! Fancy schmancy! What a cinch! Go fly a kite! Cat got your tongue! Hill of beans! Betty Boop, what a dish. Betty Grable, nice gams. (tries to sing The Star-Spangled Banner) I say can you see! I say can you see! I... I say... Fuck Hitler. Fuck Hitler!"

It was pretty hilarious since it was a German who said it.

[align=center]Clicketh!

209lnnl.png[/align]

I watch whatever movie about the WW2 era, I just love that era and SPR was 1 of the best movies about that era.

Just love it.

Life? What life? I have no life ..

buganimated.gif