Addic7Ed Subtitle Database For Media Player Classic

marquezs

Hi there, this is my first post but I have been using addic7ed since I started seeing series on my computer. I love your work and your subtitles and I'm here just to tell you about my suggestion.

I use MEdia Player Classic for vieweing films and series and I came up with the idea of addic7ed having a link for Media Player Classic to download subtitles, I don't know if your understand me but if you don't just go to MPC -> View -> Options - Subtitles -> Database

This would be very useful for downloading subtitles :) I don't know if this has already been done

I think this would be a tremendous effect on users experience because it is so much easier to download subtitles when you are seeing a film or serie.

The only con I see is that fewer persons would visit the addic7ed site and maybe the community would fall a bit apart due to the commodity of just opening media player and download subtritle directly.

Regards, marquezs

"The only con I see is that fewer persons would visit the addic7ed site and maybe the community would fall a bit apart due to the commodity of just opening media player and download subtritle directly."
Exactly. Somehow you're the first one that suggests such thing.. and also notices this. Congrats!

Anyway, since team members work for hours / day to make subtitles, i think we can skip the commodity and spend 1-2 minutes to visit the website and download our subtitle... in respect for the people that do it, am i right?

• Like 2

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

Of course you are right, I really appreciate your work, you never fail. I don't know how you can have such team to subtitle all these series so fast! I'm always amazed at the timing of the releases.

I normally download the series in the day they're out and when I finish the first thing I do is visit your site to download the subtitles, so I agree that spending 1 or 2 minutes is nothing compared to your work.

Once I tried to subtitle a series on my own and I just did 10 minutes, it's really boring and difficult to sincronize and to do all the writing..

Anyway, I just suggested in case anyone wants do to it but I can see that it would also have an enormous negative effect to the site

since this is my second post,I want to say thanks to you all who subtitle series!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

First of all i'd like to thank you for the amazing job you are making here!!!
But i don't agree with you. There are many public and private **** ****s, who provide rss feed for download ****s. It's mostly useful for tv-shows as you may understand. I'm using a private **** ****, where rss feed was only for v.i.p users, but lately it was opened for everyone, but with bigger delay (for v.i.p users rss was updated hourly, and for all other users - once in 3 hours). As i understand from **** owner the users traffic wasn't effected too much, but he has more satisfied users. I'm visiting the site not less then before i had rss configured. Right now i have NAS which automatically download all needed series, but it's annoying to download subtitles manually, and i'm looking for automatic solution for my NAS. Hope you will change your mind and provide a possibility or API soon.