Can't Edit Subtitles On Addic7Ed.com

almcahm

Hi everyone, I can't seem to edit subtitles on Addic7ed.com. After I click "view & edit", I click on "Multi Edit" but nothing happens, I tried with 3 different browsers. Can someone help, please?

Don't worry, it's not your software.
In some cases, only staff can make edits.

It's not the years in the life, but the life in the years dQVXh.gif

Thanks for replying. I just noticed that some subs cannot be edited, while others can. Here is one of the subs I wanted to edit, as you can (or, at least, should) see, the background is red and the subs cannot be edited. And here is a random subtitles file which can be normally edited. Any ideas?

Yes.
Those subtitles that have a red background are locked from editing by us.

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Yes.
Those subtitles that have a red background are locked from editing by us.

doc.

That's it. Thanks for your help. How come you lock them?

There are some very mean people that are repeatedly trying to sabotage our work.
Sometimes we must do certain things to keep them from destroying our efforts to create good quality subs.
One of those things is locking the subs and allowing only staff to make edits.

I'm sorry, but it's a jungle out there :(

• Like 1

It's not the years in the life, but the life in the years dQVXh.gif

There are some very mean people that are repeatedly trying to sabotage our work.
Sometimes we must do certain things to keep them from destroying our efforts to create good quality subs.
One of those things is locking the subs and allowing only staff to make edits.

I'm sorry, but it's a jungle out there :(

That's the answer I was afraid of. It seems they're everywhere. :/

• 7 years later...

I'm bumping this because as a newbie I had issues with these locked subs, and a hard time to find a solution. I found the answer on the french tutorial on editing:

It says that when a subtitle is locked, one can ask to unlock it: to do so, just click on the orange triangle with an exclamation mark user_gray.pngon the right and write a message to moderators asking to unlock.

It is said that one should notify them by the same way when the changes are done, so they can lock it again. I don't really know about that...

In the message sent by a moderator telling that it has been unlocked, it was not mentioned. Do these douchebags messing with the site will comeback months after the subtitle has been uploaded?

I wonder also why some are locked and not others. 

I was also wondering why these subtitles were locked, as it is not precised in the tutorial. I guess I found the answer in the posts above...

Les séquences en rouge signifient qu'elles sont verrouillées. On ne peut donc plus y toucher. Pour déverrouiller des séquences, faites appel à un modérateur en cliquant sur le triangle orange. N'oubliez pas de prévenir le modérateur une fois vos corrections terminées pour rebloquer cette traduction.