Question About Syncing Subs That Keeps Moving

baddw

Just want to ask something.

How do u resync subs that the time just keep increasing every minutes.

Like this new show Vegas.

I tried to resync using the sub from normal hdtv one to web-dl one.

Usually i just increase or lower the time. But it just won't work. Every minute passed, the time increase another 1 sec again and again.

I believe there are other shows like that too like Suburgatory if i remember right.

Thanks.

Read especially that part about using Wave Form.
You'll need to make a resync for every line, therefore you must adjust starting position and lenght for every block. It's a pain in the a@@, I know it because for Suburgatory I have to do a line by line sync.
Good luck :)

doc

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

• 2 weeks later...

It probably won't match up perfectly throughout the entire show thanks to HDTV releases having varying places they are cut at for each commercial-break which WebDL versions don't have, but a simple first and last lines subtitle sync in Subtitle Workshop should help a LOT especially at the beginning and end of the show and only takes a matter of seconds to do compared to a full line-by-line resync which can take hours (which you can still do afterward and a simple resync first would usually make that job a lot easier too). Depending on how close the commercial-break cutouts are to the web-dl version you might well get lucky and have a file that's tolerably in sync throughout the whole show, certainly better than another sec off every minute.

You simply load the subtitle and video into SW, play the video at the beginning and end to note the actual start times for the first and last lines of dialogue the subtitle should match up to > click the 'add subtitle synchronization point' button > simple tab > enter the start times for the first and last lines of dialogue in the subtitle and it will extrapolate/adjust the timings on on all the subtitle lines in between.

The Subtitle Workshop Manual
Subtitle Workshop version: 2.51
[...]
2.2.1 Method 1: simple adjust, first and last dialogs

This method offers a lot of accuracy, and is recommended in most cases. After you loaded the subtitle file and video, do this:

* Play the video until you reach the first spoken dialog or the first place that should be subtitled in the movie, and when you hear/read it, take note the time (you will need it later).
* Seek to the near end of the video and when you hear/read the last spoken dialog or the last place that should be subtitled, take note the time, too.
* You can additionally take this two time values from an external video player instead of using Subtitle Worksop's video preview.
* After you have followed this steps, click the "Edit/Timings/Adjust subtitles..." or the [Ctrl]+ keys. Switch to "Simple" tab. In "First spoken line" write the first time, and in "Last spoken line" write the last time. Then press Adjust! button.