British Show English Sub-Titles??

sobritish

Hi,

Quick question, are you guys still providing English sub-titles for British shows?  I've noticed there have been no sub-titles for British shows "Cold Feet," and "DCI Banks" for this week. Can you please continue to provide them.

Many thanks in advance. 

Well, that is true.

Lately there are many biritsh series that seems tohave been abandoned: "Suspects" is one of them, this week "DCI Banks", new series as "National Treasure". Not to speak of "Agatha Raisin". We could go on for a while.

I'd like to know wheter is there anything going on with british subtitlers that we don't know.

Anyway time will tell.

UK shows syncers are not part of our team, so their reliability doesn't depend on us.

Bien-mignon-mais seems to have gone silent this week.

Wether it's just some matters that prevented him to do it this one week or wether he decided to stepped down, only time will tell.

• Like 1

Bien-mignon-mais seems to have gone silent this week.

Who knows? Maybe he will upload everything tomorrow. In any case, I think it's too early to say that those shows are "abandoned". In the meantime, I can give you some raw subtitles. They need some work, but I took care of the sync breaks.

For Suspects, I know it's possible to grab channel5's subs, but I just never found the way. Looks like I'm not the on​ly one. Odds are not good though. And... Agatha Raisin. Well, that's not new: sky's shows = 0 closed captions = need a transcription = we'd be very happy if one of you would like to try. It's a hell of a job, but it's also kinda fun. :)

Please don't forget the 3 days rule, DCI Banks 6x04 was released the 21th...

Edited by vivelalto
Files deleted
  • Like 3

Thanks for your response Kinglouisxx that's a bummer, cos I so rely on English subtitles for British shows. What a bummer that Bien-mignon-mais has gone silent and there is no-one else to do British subtitles :( any way to rectify that?

Thanks Vivelalto, but i"m looking for subs for DCI Banks for Season 6 Ep 4, not Season 5 EP4 :(

Sorry, just a typing error, but try it, it's what you're looking for. ​

Edit: Strange, the tittle on ITV is "A Little Bit of Heart: Part 2 - Series 5 - Episode 4. And yet, it is the last episode, i checked. Let me know though. ;) 

Edited by vivelalto

Ok.: I have to say that we have been spoiled in these lats couple of years.

I, not going any further, have grow used to find everything, subtitle related, in this site. The rule being that next day following the TV release, two days maximun, we colud find the looked for subtitles.

As of lately, lets say over the last six, eiight months, something has happened, I don't know what. And we are struggling with some series. I hope this is a temporary situation.

Anyway, my sincere thaks to this site and its members, for the fine work they do.

Vivelanto, thansk a lot.

(excuse my bad English)

Awww thanks Vivelalto!!! That's awesome, where did you find that subtitle for DCI Banks S6EP4? I don't see it listed under the show name DCI Banks. Yes, there seems to be some confusion as to whether it's Season 5 or 6, but it is the episode "A Little Bit Of Heart" part 2. 

• Like 1

Yes there is definitely some confusion about the DCI Banks Season number. ITV, the broadcaster of DCI Banks, lists it as Season 5. IMDb shows 6 years of shows but Season 1 includes shows from 9/2010 to 10/2011. Any one else would have called that 2 seasons.

In general BBC subtitles are easily and quickly available. ITV on the other hand has been notoriously slow in producing subtitles.  Also Sky (Agatha Raisin) and Channel 4 (National Treasure) are not great with subtitles either. That may be the reason for the longer wait on some British shows.

Also, always remember the people who provide the subtitles here do it for free and it's a lot of work. My thanks and appreciation go out to all those who help provide and update the subtitles.

• Like 1

Thanks very much Vivelalto!  I too would really like some advice on where to find "raw" subs for synching.  I know about the repository for BBC shows at http://subtitles.toh.info, but I do not see where you can get raw files for ITV, Sky, Channel 4, etc.  I have sub editing software and have touched up  and posted a couple of BBC shows (rough, not nearly as pro as Bien-mignon-mais can do), but I am willing to help if I can just be pointed at the raw files.

By the way, Bien-mignon-mais's profile states she is female, and she has done MANY great UK shows almost instantly for all of us.  Once in a while she actually may have a real life as well, so we must all wait and see if she is still doing subs.  She has provided several files for me and lots of advice on the Forum, so my bet is that she is still going to be a major player in this game.

Jack

• Like 2

• kinglouisxx locked this topic

And may we remind you this is a public forum, so please don't discuss how to grab CCs here.

Do it by PM at the very least.

There will always have users to upload subs for UK shows, so just be patient.

Topic closed!

• Like 2