How do you choose the release ?

M1st3rN0b0d7

Hello everyone,

I'm French and I would like to thank the community for translating my favourite series.

But I would like to know how the team members choose the release to upload first.

For example, for Scorpion you choose FLEET and for Marvel's Agents of SHIELD you choose DIMENSION.

But these two releases for these shows have the same problem : there is no Full HD.

For example, you could choose DIMENSION (edit : WEB-DL too) for Scorpion and WEB-DL for Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

I don't understand why you don't choose the release wich offer the best quality available (in most of cases, Full HD 1080p).

So in this case, if I want to watch Scorpion in Full HD, I can't. For Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, I have to wait for WEB-DL SUBFRENCH.

If you could consider my request, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS : sorry if my english is bad.

Hi @M1st3rN0b0d7,

1. We use what's available at the time we do it. We all have jobs to go to, lives to lead.

2. Releases such as WEB-DL are released hours, even days in some cases, after HDTV are. We can't afford such delays, and would get complains if we did.

Users are welcome to help for resyncs.

3. Unlike what you seem to think, SD releases are still the most popular. Some people just can't afford big files, because they have limited bandwidth.

4. Last but not least, given your comments on the site I suppose you're talking about translations. The Addicted Team only makes English subtitles.

The Team does NOT make translations. Let alone resyncs for translations. Users, like you, do. 

Regards,

• Like 2

@kinglouisxx

We all have jobs to go to, lives to lead.

Please believe that we understand that.

Releases such as WEB-DL are released hours, even days in some cases, after HDTV are. We can't afford such delays, and would get complains if we did.

Yes, I know that too. But for the best quality, I accept to wait.

Users are welcome to help for resyncs.

Is there a way to resync subtitles without get spoiled ? In that case, I would like to help.

My problem is that I can't watch the series without the french subtitles and I don't want to translate because I don't want to get spoiled.

Unlike what you seem to think, SD releases are still the most popular. Some people just can't afford big files, because they have limited bandwidth.

Not anymore.

With HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), you can have this :
scorpion.s03e16.1080p.web.dl.dd5.1.hevc.x265.rmteam.mkv ► 603MB
Scorpion.S03E16.Keep.it.in.Check.Mate.1080p.WEB-DL.6CH.x265.HEVC-PSA ► 579MB
Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S04E14.The.Man.Behind.the.Shield.1080p.WEB-DL.6CH.x265.HEVC-PSA ► 480MB

And I assure you, the quality is preserved. All you need is VLC.

If you want the links, I can give you them.

Last but not least, given your comments on the site I suppose you're talking about translations. The Addicted Team only makes English subtitles.

Yes I'm talking about translations, but if you release an english resync, could we copy the french FLEET translations into the english resync file ?

Thanks.

Yes, I know that too. But for the best quality, I accept to wait.

​Maybe you do, but not everybody does. Anyways, resyncs can always be done afterwards, so end of story.

Is there a way to resync subtitles without get spoiled ? In that case, I would like to help.

​Unfortunately, no. Or more accurately, you can't be sure to avoid it, there's always a risk. It depends on the episode, really.

See how this works, here.

Not anymore.

With HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), you can have this :
scorpion.s03e16.1080p.web.dl.dd5.1.hevc.x265.rmteam.mkv ► 603MB
Scorpion.S03E16.Keep.it.in.Check.Mate.1080p.WEB-DL.6CH.x265.HEVC-PSA ► 579MB
Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S04E14.The.Man.Behind.the.Shield.1080p.WEB-DL.6CH.x265.HEVC-PSA ► 480MB

And I assure you, the quality is preserved. All you need is VLC.

​HEVC is growing but far from being widely popular. And users tend to stick with release groups/things they already know.

Yes I'm talking about translations, but if you release an english resync, could we copy the french FLEET translations into the english resync file ?

​Wouldn't you have even more risks being spoiled that way?

Wouldn't you have even more risks being spoiled that way?​

Not if the process is automated.

We just have to copy the subtitles from the not-resync file to the resync file without overwriting the timestamp lines, right ?

This process is logical and simple, so maybe a software or a script can do that, does this kind of program exists ?

And if not, we can create it.

Not if the process is automated.

We just have to copy the subtitles from the not-resync file to the resync file without overwriting the timestamp lines, right ?

This process is logical and simple, so maybe a software or a script can do that, does this kind of program exists ?

And if not, we can create it.

The English file and the French file would need to have the same number of sequences to have a satisfying result.

Which is rarely the case (once downloaded), as interjections and all aren't kept in the translation process.

The English file and the French file would need to have the same number of sequences to have a satisfying result.

Which is rarely the case (once downloaded), as interjections and all aren't kept in the translation process.

​Ok, another idea : we could find in the english resync file the sentences that match with the not-resync english file and copy the matching translation from the not-resync french to the new resync french file. And then, find the not matching sentences and translate them manually.

It's a little bit complicated for me to explain that in english, may I should make a diagram if you don't understand what I'm trying to explain.

​Ok, another idea : we could find in the english resync file the sentences that match with the not-resync english file and copy the matching translation from the not-resync french to the new resync french file. And then, find the not matching sentences and translate them manually.

It's a little bit complicated for me to explain that in english, may I should make a diagram if you don't understand what I'm trying to explain.

​I think I get what you mean. Seems a bit unnecessarily complicated when a resync is much easier.

Anyway, I resynced and uploaded the English subs for Scorpion 3x16's DIMENSION: Scorpion 3x16

Have all the fun you want with that :)

• Like 1

Seems a bit unnecessarily complicated when a resync is much easier.

​My idea is for the translation, after the resync.

Thanks for the resync, I will try my idea now.

• kinglouisxx locked this topic