Cyrillic Encoding Problem When Downloading Subs

gamar

Hey guys,
I liked the idea of Pioneer one, so I decided to translate the subtitles in Bulgarian.
Everything works pretty well with the on-line translation software, but when I try to download the translation, I get file containing only '?? ?? ??? ?'.
Apparently the cyrillic is correctly stored in the database, because I can see it trough the web interface, but when the srt file is composed, the encoding is mismatched. It's very simple tuning that must be done from the administrators of the web site, so kindly ask you to do so.
Regards.

Hey.. I think it's just Bulgarian, cause I saw Russian worked. Which should be the encoding for Bulgarian?

Edit: I think there's a problem with that subtitle. Check this one here: http://www.addic7ed.com/serie/Lie_to_Me/2/14/React_to_Contact , cause this works. Weird.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

I confirm russian subs are working and the link you provide for different subtitles in bulgarian also works (even after my slight modification).
I don't know why does it happen, maybe it's because subtitles are not finished 100% and this somehow affect composing the file?!? Sounds weired, but this is the only difference I see between mine and the other 2 cases. Well I guess I should try to finish this translation and see what would happen, although I hope my work won't be wasted.
Encoding is not so special. The specific cyrillic one is cp1251, but utf-8 should works perfectly fine. When they are correctly visualized on the site, it's utf-8.
I still think the problem is somewhere in wrongly established encoding of php-database connection.
Greets.

I don't know why does it happen, maybe it's because subtitles are not finished 100% and this somehow affect composing the

Not sure, but may be it is, but the reason is different. ('Cause I actually did that russian subs for Lie to me, which Honnybanny referred to, and we did this in our websoft, then I uploaded it. I admit it was windows-1251 code.) My version, somehow encoding is changing when you write in addicted soft your titles and then generate your translation. May be you can try to change your standard encoding in browser you use as default?

Changing browser encoding don't change anything and browser encoding is perfect anyway = viewing and edition work without any problem.
Only downloading (composing) the file causes problem :(
p.s. now I have additional problem with locked line (N145), because some bot (DiGMEH) has started to edit it and than his profile was deleted,,, :angry:

Thank you for that.
Btw is there a guy here that has access to and maintain the code or database of this website?
I will continue to translate, but it would be really sad, if my translation is not usable :(
I really want to do it for the folks back home and rise the popularity of this series.

I think the translation you were doing has no chance of being fixed. However, if you start a new one, and copy paste the already translated lines to the new translation, it will work. So my suggestion is to continue the translation I started a bit below, still from English. I could help you copy pasting the lines. Sorry for the inconvenience.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

Ok, the new translation is as you left the old one. Please continue this one: http://www.addic7ed.com/jointranslation.php?id=28284&fversion=11&lang=35 . I will remove the not working one.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

thank you very much, I really appreciate this, it works perfect now! :)
thanks thanks thanks!
just from curiosity, any idea what was the problem?

I think our charset was wrongly set. We made some modifications and now it is ok, but it didn't help the already started translation.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, the Bulgarian translation is finally complete. Thanks for help.
There is only one slight problem. For some reason the subs timing is shifted from the proper version. It doesn't count the initial ad in the video.
Can you fix / shift the subtitles to begin at 00:02:10,163 instead 00:00:40,561 (about 90sec.)
Thanks

Pioneer.One.S01E01.720p.x264-VODO.srt

Thank you very very much bunny, it's perfect :)
Although I couldn't upload it and share it to the world, so people can use it (Actually I've never seen a video without the intro).
I think again it is some cyrilic problem The new upload, so if you could upload it there would be great.
:rolleyes: