Correct the corrected subtitles

Virgil2U

I would greatly appreciate it if these people making the subtitles would actually take the time to verify that the subtitles are in sync. Even when someone else allegedly corrects them they are still out of sync. But what is more remarkable is that these people who supposedly correct the sync will leave the original creators name on it and they will put their name on as having to repair the damage done by the original person. One person who is quick to point out the errors of others is DeejayAhmed while his supposed corrected subtitles are tremendously out of sync. Before people go around accusing others of fucking up something they should take the time to see how bad they had fucked up themselves before casting stones at others.

Hi, @Virgil2U.

I understand your discontentment, those are pretty annoying things.

But that user is nor part of our team, nor has any subs attached to his name on our site.

So either you picked his subs from another site, in which case we can't do much for you, either he's created another account and uploads with it.

Anyways, if you ever run into an out of sync subtitle, please report it with this icon 

We'll deal with it as soon as possible.

If that user is not part of this website then why are advertising that they are with this website? I have no way of knowing how many years ago that they had done the subtitle but I have come across dozens of other works that is attributed to the person and this website. How else would I be aware of this website if not for the person advertising this website in the subtitles. His is not the only one that claims to be a member of this site and doing the work for this website. So many others in other countries have their subtitles embedded in the video's and attributing to a member of this website. Also I have reported out of sync subtitles and even on numerous occasions found supposedly corrected subtitles attributed to addic7ed.com and most of those are out of sync or wrong language.

How else would I be aware of this website if not for the person advertising this website in the subtitles.

​Then that means you downloaded those subs elsewhere if you became aware of our website via the subtitles. Right?

If someone makes a resync of one of our subs the right thing to do is keeping the original credits. And adding a note crediting his resync.

So the name of our site and the original syncer/corrector would still appear in the sub.

Something like: 

That doesn't mean that the resync is from us, but that some user used one of our subtitles to make a resync.

And yet if the resyncer did a crappy job you'd have no way of knowing if he or the original uploader is responsible for the bad sync.

Everyone on the Internet has access to our subtiltes, and can use them to make various resyncs to various versions.

We don't have any problem with that. We just ask whomever using our subs to keep our credits. And yet that's not always the case. But that's another story.

Same goes for translations. Number of them are done online by our users on our website, hence why you'd see the name Addic7ed in them.

The only way for you to ensure quality is to download them directly on Addic7ed and make sure there's the Addic7ed banner next to the subtitle:

First, check if you have the video version the subs were made for, obviously. (KILLERS, LOL, SVA, WEB-DL, etc...)

If you download them on another site then we can't do anything for you and you should deal with this site directly.

And if you do download them on Addic7ed and notice out of sync subtitles, the report icon is the safest bet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I recognise that name, DeejayAhmed, as a TV show release group (Group of one?)

He's releases always include subs from what I've seen - is it possible you are finding subs for his video compilations and not for the releases your looking for? or judging based off subtitles in his releases?

It is common courtesy to leave in addic7ed credits when you redistribute them, even if you edit/adjust them. That might explain the confusion of being a contributor of this site...