TV Programmes.

hardofhearing

OK. It may be that because I am an older viewer, or because I am British, but..... It seems that the newest TV programmes, that are being released, are actually pretty crap!  I don't bother with US comedies, because US humour doesn't tend to be that great. Too much canned laughter etc. But there seems to be a growing trend with programmes, that are actually pretty decent, that have main characters within a new series, being gay or LBTQ or whatever.   I am quite old enough to make up my own mind about such things.  I am a 63 yr old guy, and I don't need some PC agenda, being thrust into my face, regarding other sexual agendas.  The latest 9-1-1 Texas version is exactly a case in point.  A lesbian, a Homosexual. A transgender. All in one firestation..... Please. Let's have some sense of reallity... Before we know it, DR Who will be encountering homosexual Daleks, getting it off with a dustbin.... The latest batch of "New" programmes. Are subjects so inane, that even the title is enough to make you not want to watch it.....  Reading the IMDB  on it, makes sure, you don't want to watch it...  I find myself wondering..... Who in their right mind, would even consider commissioning these shows?  You know full well that there won't be a series two....  BECAUSE THEY ARE RUBBISH!!!

I mean, ok, it can sometimes be a bit annoying, this manner of checking all the boxes at once, and maybe unrealistic and all. Fulfilling quotas. But it might also be necessary in order to make visible otherwise unseen "minority" communities, and to fight discriminations. Which is important -even vital for some- in this world and can have an impact for a lot of people, actually. Seeing things that way, such shows might even be useful... :) I personally am longing for a world in which it won't be needed anymore cos' everyone will be accepted as they are - in TV and everywhere.

• Like 3

I have no problem with acceptance. I do have a problem with it being pushed into my face at every opportunity.  What you do behind your door, is for you alone. I don't want to know, and I certainly don't care. So why these groups seem to find a need to push their agenda, is totally beyond me.  I don't even tell my best friend, what me and the mrs get up to in the bedroom. That's just for us...  As for the TV progs that keep pushing these agendas. I think they will find that a lot of people will actually be swayed away from them... Why does everything need to have a hidden agenda?  What happened to good old fashioned entertainment?  A couple of hours of escapism, without having to think about all the crap that's going down in the world.  I am afraid that the lefties are swinging things too much the other wy...