Fringe

vinz_lim

Fringe is a FOX TV series that is currently on its third season now.

The story started about an FBI team investigating mysterious events happening in the world which are somehow connected and are called "The Pattern". The main investigator is an FBI agent, Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv). She is assisted by Walter Bishop (John Noble), a brilliant ex-mental-hospital-patient scientist, and his son Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson). Other characters include Dunham's boss, Agent Broyles, and Agent Farnsworth, whose main task seems to babysit Walter.

Most of the season 1 and 2 episodes follow a "monster/event-of-the-week" type, in which the team solves a particular case not related to the storyline. However, Fringe's strongest plot involves the main storyline; there is another universe (a parallel universe) which is trying to destroy our universe. In the other universe, there are people who look exactly like people in our universe, with some slight differences (for example, WTC is not destroyed in the parallel universe.)

The plot is interesting enough for me to keep following the series. In its third season, the show now alternates the universe for the setting of each episode, providing more information about the parallel universe and how it works.

In terms of acting, I would like to single out John Noble. His portrayal of a 'broken' scientist is great and in several episodes he shows how vulnerable Walter is. Other casts are solid, if not as great.

All in all, this is a show that I recommend. You won't be disappointed.

I used to find Fringe a bit difficult to watch around the middle of the second season. But that's when I started loving it. It's one of the best shows of the moment.

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

• 1 year later...