Corrected Subtitles?

honeybunny

Correcting subtitles means the following>>

1- Fixing all misspellings.
2- Putting caps where required.
3- Using fullstops and comas where required.
4- Adding missing words/lines.
5- Perfecting the timing of each line, I have seen many good subtitles ruined because of the terrible timing (like fading too fast before the viewer actually get to read the whole sentence etc.)

Well, that's what I used to do back in my day, I wish I could come back to the correction world but it took way too much time. I'm thankful to all the subtitle makers for the time and effort they put into making them because seriously it's a lot of work.

There is an extreme option of adding tips when a character refer to something that not many viewers would understand but it's really an extreme option because not many people focus on small unrelated details like that.

Life? What life? I have no life ..

buganimated.gif

Dunno if it's been said alrdy (not gonna read 3 pages of posts...) but i really appreciate when ppl make the effort of subbing the lyrix of songs & ost, i often find myself rediscovering songs i tught i knew, by reading the exact words instead of the "nanana" that was goin' in my head since childhood xD

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

sorry if this's not the proper place to ask .. i'm new .. i tried to correct the season finale of human target as there were a couple of lines missing, also there were about seven to eight lines that were out of sync(2 sec fast), but i don't how to add a new sequence (e.g. between 701 & 702). and after i saved and closed the editor i found that the most updated version still had the old timing but this time not editable. i'd appreciate your help. thanks in advance. you're doing a great job guys.

• 5 months later...