American Beauty

VeRdiKT

I guess I was taking a break on movies so today, I've decided to review the Best Picture of 1999, American Beauty.

AmericanBeauty.jpg

Trailer:

iMDB:
[imdb]0169547[/imdb]

Verdikt:
Seriously, I can't even think of giving this movie a verdict. I mean, this movie is just mind-blowing. The movie tries to discover what is beauty very vividly and watching the movie has just made me stunned. This movie revolves around a family, the family's daughter's hot friend and their new next-door neighbour and his son. The father of the family has a crush on his daughter's best friend while the father's daughter seems to fall in love with her next-door neighbour's psychopathic son.

After watching this movie, the viewer is only left stunned. The story is so brilliant that I don't think any other movie can match up to this movie's standards. The acting, the directing, the plot is all so memorable that even words can't explain it. Kevin Spacey's character is hilarious and seeing his character stand up is truly a laugh riot. The movie tells us to "look closer" and when we do that, we can see how this movie also reflects in our lives. We see the characters live up to a so-called "dream" but actually fail to attain it. I seriously can't think of giving it a bad rating so my rating stands a tall 10 outta 10.

Favourite quote:
"I feel like I've been in a coma for the past twenty years. And I'm just now waking up. "

[align=center]Clicketh!

209lnnl.png[/align]