Dead Poets Society

VeRdiKT

I was just turning onto HBO and I saw Robin Williams' Dead Poets Society. The movie has a good morale to it and so, I thought a review was needed!

dead_poets_society.jpg

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7rIhyux88U

iMDB:
[imdb]0097165[/imdb]

Verdikt:
My words can't express how beautiful this movie is. Carpe Diem. Seize the day! This movie is basically about an English teacher who enrolls in a boarding school and teaches the kids about freedom and non-conformity, even though the school teaches discipline. The movie basically shows the kids and what they experience through, as the English teacher tells them to seize the day.

Why did this movie get nominated for the Oscars? This is because the movie teaches so many beautiful things that wouldn't be explained in a boarding school. I was quite small when I watched this movie but watching it now just bursts me into tears. Every character keeps you mesmerized. You may find the first half boring but mind you, the movie overall turns out to be magnificat! My rating = 8/10

Favourite quote:
"If you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? Carpe-- hear it? Carpe, carpe diem. Seize the day, boys! Make your lives extraordinary."

[align=center]Clicketh!

209lnnl.png[/align]