Apocalypse Now: A Tribute After 40 Years

VeRdiKT

apocalypse_now_redux.jpg

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt0xxAMTp8M

iMDB:
[imdb]0078788[/imdb]

Verdikt:
I watched the Redux version on the 40-year mark and well.. I was kinda missing for the review so here's mine now. DO NOT WATCH THE REDUX VERSION. It's pure bollocks and a waste of your 40 mins. Believe me, I was like WTF and sleepy and you seriously don't need more examples of blabbering about duality of men. However, the original movie is very beautiful and explores the nature of war and duality of man. I'm always obsessed with movies like Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now.

But why this has kept me hooked on was because of everything! Firstly, you have The Doors play The End, which is my favourite song from them. Then you have 2 awesome actors called Marlon Brando and Martin Sheen who need to be respected for their acting, especially near the end. The direction is ingenious - Coppola has done his charm and beautifully pictured Vietnam in a way no one can. Overall, a must-see before you die if you liked Coppola's previous works or movies based on war. 10/10

Favourite quote:
"You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies."

Sorry, "the horror" is like a cliche for me.

[align=center]Clicketh!

209lnnl.png[/align]