Problem with subtitle

Dawg

The attached subtitle is fubared according to DivX player. It insists that it's in an incorrect format and will not play.

I have loaded the file in 4 different editors, and re-saved it in UTF-8 each time and DivX still refuses to play it.

I am requesting that someone take a gander at this and either tell me how to fix it, or fix it themselves and re-send it to me (and then tell me how they fixed it)

The file was originally Dl'd from www.addic7ed.com.

Thanks

Castle S02E18.srt

It works perfectly with VLC. But I installed Divx player and indeed it didn't play.
I changed some stuff in the sub, like removing some characters and the font tag, and it still didn't work. So I just copied everything in a txt, renamed it to srt and it worked :) I attached it here.

Castle S02E18.srt

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

It works perfectly with VLC. But I installed Divx player and indeed it didn't play.

I just tried it and am getting the same error :(, I have that newer Divx player (DivX Plus):dodgy: I'll give VLC a try.

Thanks for the effort. :exclamation:

Hm, weird... Sure, no problem.

Actually, my bad. I attached the same file. Silly bunny.

Mr. Murphy at work :-/

This should work.

Initial testing proves that your quite correct and that it indeed does work.

==

Can you tell me a bit about VLC? (I just installed and {very} briefly ran it. What can it handle and what can't it handle? (IE DVD's (Actual or files) Looks like it can handle music and avi. How about .mkv and some of those other wierd files like .mov and .Rm?

I'm really looking for a player that can handle all current formats w/o adding in extra codex's por converting from one to another.

Thanks again.

Mkv and mov for sure. Also DVD files. rm I haven't tried. Here is a list of the supported files:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.php?cat=input

bunnyblog.png

facebook.png

I use BSPlayer and also had a problem with this sub -
I copy and paste it to a new note pad file and saved as .txt and when I dragged it to the player it worked...
:-)
hope it helps!

I use BSPlayer and also had a problem with this sub -
I copy and paste it to a new note pad file and saved as .txt and when I dragged it to the player it worked...
:-)
hope it helps!

What HB did to it worked out quite well. :)

The attached subtitle is fubared according to DivX player. It insists that it's in an incorrect format and will not play.

I have loaded the file in 4 different editors, and re-saved it in UTF-8 each time and DivX still refuses to play it.

I am requesting that someone take a gander at this and either tell me how to fix it, or fix it themselves and re-send it to me (and then tell me how they fixed it)

The file was originally Dl'd from www.addic7ed.com.

Thanks

I see two problems in the file: there are two missed empty lines at the end when you open it with notepad, and it should be in ANSI, not utf-8.

Maybe it can help with other files...