The Team

alex28

kingofocean, I have to say that I'm not at all a big fan of what is happening right now on addic7ed.com, with any translation (no matter if it is French, or Portuguese, or Romanian, or Bulgarian or any other spoken language on this Earth or beyond :) ).
I totaly agree with your post, same "mistakes" I noticed myself on so many translations and we are trying to stop any Google translation use or any translation made-just-to-be-made, just to have a name as % translated by.

But I guess I'm the only one who dissagree how translations are made right now :) , because addic7ed is a FREE - let's say - services, and for that (and so few other reasons), the translation feature will be something like "wiki", everyone can contribute.
Because of that, any "raw" translation will be like you (and many other) noticed.

But, you can contribute correcting any finished or just started translation.
And who knows, maybe in a short (I hope) time, we will have only an aproved translation team, for every language.
Who knows? :)

doc.

103iruh.gif

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!

IMPORTANT LINK:

Ha! I knew i was too a "newbie" to this site to notice how it works ;) Didn't know about the "Free service" as you put it. I guess it would be awesome if we could start to create a team to translate the right thing. The only "stuff" I've always wondered in fact is how the english subtitle is created at first. I mean, is it a team who does it? Syncing and writing the subtitles and all? Or is it a program used to "copy" captions available from TV networks in the US. Because for me, a french guy trying to translate english srt files into french srt ones, it is waaaaaaaaaaay easier to have the english srt file and translate from it. The sync might not be some few times perfectly good, but it would be enough to make a first "raw" subtitle and have a sync team do the rest. For me, creating a french subtitle from a tv show without the english one is just impossible :P

• 1 month later...

Hi !
I want to translate some series so I downloaded the links but I have subtitles not the video. So is what it takes I look the video on other site to translate after or there are an other solution ? Thanks for your answer. Good bye

[...]
but I have subtitles not the video.

BUT we have on the site only subtitles. In fact, that is what we do best: we provide subtitles, NOT links for video files.

doc

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I resyncronised some of your srtfiles for Waking the Dead: season 6
For DaRmEth.avi
part 2 6 8 10 12 didnt fit with these files because of some moments from part 1 /5/7/9 at the beginning.
I tried to upload but I get: select an new version, but i don't know where to select it
I still get the same anouncement whatever I do

[...]
For DaRmEth.avi
[...]
I tried to upload but I get: select an new version, but i don't know where to select it
[...]

Did you get it now? :)
If not, read HERE

doc

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

• 2 months later...

hey yo there....i'm aryant from indonesia, so i like to make contribution for the translation the subtitle of TV Show SUPERNATURAL in INDONESIA (BAHASA). How am i supposed to do then??? thanks for the reply....

Hi there.

You could make translations:

1. Using addic7ed online translation feature (pick up show-season-episode, then choose desired English version, then choose New Translation from English to Indonezian and... start to translate).
2. Using a software like Subtitle Edit or Subtitle Workshop or whatever and work off-line, then upload to the site your translated file.

doc.

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

Hi there.

You could make translations:

1. Using addic7ed online translation feature (pick up show-season-episode, then choose desired English version, then choose New Translation from English to Indonezian and... start to translate).
2. Using a software like Subtitle Edit or Subtitle Workshop or whatever and work off-line, then upload to the site your translated file.

doc.

okey dokey.....thanks pal.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your service, and to the people who contribute. I've been downloading "Switched at Birth" subs and have been microscopically editing them for my Japanese students so that every word said and all punctuation are meticulously laid out. I'd be pleased to channel it back into your system if you'd care to advise me how to go about it (may I ask you to email me if you're interested). A heads up, though: I've changed the spelling to English (eg. 'realize' --> 'realise'), I've replaced phonetic spelling (eg. 'gonna' --> 'going to'), I've removed the words to songs, and have deleted commentary (eg. '(music playing in background)'). This might make my work worthless to you.

[...] I've changed the spelling to English (eg. 'realize' --> 'realise'), I've replaced phonetic spelling (eg. 'gonna' --> 'going to'),[...]

LOL, you've made a translation from American English to British English :)

[...] I've removed the words to songs, and have deleted commentary (eg. '(music playing in background)'). [...]

If you will use the NON HI version (that version that don't have the "ear" sign, you'll not have to do all that things. :)

Many thanks for your service, and to the people who contribute.[...]

We are thank you too for your appreciation.

doc

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'd like to try and translate some subtitles from English to Bulgarian being only a translator. I think if I translate straight in the original English subtitles all the rest will be fine.
So I have registered in http://www.addic7ed.com, but I can not activate my account. It says:

User Activation

user_gray.png

Something went wrong with your activation, please contact an administrator for assistance

Could anyone here help me please.

Best regards,
Darin

Thanks for letting us know. I manually activated your account, should be fine now!
Please try to login.

Changing the world. One subtitle at a time.

• 1 month later...

As I said in my presentation I could spare some time for translation from english to french, mostly interested about NCIS and NCIS LA and sci fi . mostly correction / and synchro (only need to know the software to use ( i used time adjuster long time ago but it's not up to date i'm afraid)

kingofocean, I have to say that I'm not at all a big fan of what is happening right now on addic7ed.com, with any translation (no matter if it is French, or Portuguese, or Romanian, or Bulgarian or any other spoken language on this Earth or
But I guess I'm the only one who dissagree how translations are made right now :) , because addic7ed is a FREE - let's say - services, and for that (and so few other reasons), the translation feature will be something like "wiki", everyone can contribute.
Because of that, any "raw" translation will be like you (and many other) noticed.

But, you can contribute correcting any finished or just started translation.

I think i agree, threre is obvious mistakes in a lot of translation, sometime it look like the translator didn't understood one (at least) of the two language !

Anyway it is a nice start only need correction, i would be glad to help from english to french (not sure there is a lot of things to translate from french to english and my english is not really good enough to correct an english speaking people)

I would be glad to help for the correction

• 2 months later...

Count me in.

* Synchronizer ( adjusts times ) check.
* Correctors ( checks if the subtitle is complete, spell checks texts ) check.
* Translators ( when possible, to translate the subtitle to other languages ) English to Turkish check.
* Supervisor ( the final check of the file. Checks if the subtitle is according to The Code ) and check again. :)

Hi,

I'm a French teacher (I teach French to foreign students) and a total eerie addict. I would be happy to participate when I have time. I think I will start first as a corrector to get some experience and be ready to do translations myself (maybe the next Seasons...).

I can help for : Shameless, Californication, The big C, Grey's anatomy, Big Bang Theory and How I met your mother, 

Just one thing, I read some topics like FAQ or Tuto but I'm not sure I understand the technic part. 

[...]

Just one thing, I read some topics like FAQ or Tuto but I'm not sure I understand the technic part. 

Feel free to ask :)

doc

103iruh.gif

IMPORTANT LINK: