DCI Banks

jp7745

Is there a problem getting subs for the most recent episode of this show. I have it on my computer as S06E04 but I believe this is another scene error. It should be S05E04.  Thanks for all you people do here.

I've got the subs. If the usual poster doesn't U/L them I'll U/L them (I don't want to tread on anyone's toes).

If they're synced and corrected, you can go ahead and upload them, ditz.

• Like 1

Upload whatever you wish ditz, I stopped sharing all my future subtitles since the day Chamallow deleted http://www.addic7ed.com/serie/Our_Girl/2/2/0 so the extra hour I spent for addic7ed was deemed worthless...

Why would you be mad because @chamallow polished the subs and provided an HI version?

Cause that's what counts, to have the best subs possible, isn't it?

Ego has nothing to do here.

She even took time to thank you for your previous work. There's nothing to be angry with, really.

Now I won't beg you to come back, but it's a shame reacting like this. That's a bunch of users relying on your work you're letting down.

• Like 5

Well, that’s too bad for users who need subtitles.

As for Our Girl, I even took the time to warn you in advance that I’ll do them line by line, and provide a HI version as well, so that you wouldn’t waste your time on it. You didn’t seem to care. I could have locked it without informing you right there and then, which I didn’t do. It is now locked and The Fall as well, so that users will only get the best sync possible, even if it's with a delay, because that’s what we actually care about. If they want can’t wait and want the first version available, they can try and get those on other places for those shows. And I’ll waste my hours on them, since a line by line sync takes a while in case you don’t know.

Now, that's two less shows you don't have to deal with, which frees up your time. Isn't that better than working for nothing? You can focus on shows that aren't done instead.

On that best regards to you.

• Like 6

--

Got questions? Read our FAQ. Wanna support me? Check my Tipee.

"Ego has nothing to do here."  Bull.  It is everything here.  The smug, condescending attitude of you "Senior Members" scares the heck out of me, as I try to learn how to make subs and share them with what I thought was a group of equals working to help people.  I posted a few things, but have been deleting them for fear of criticism from the "real" macho subbers.  Your terse dismissal of innocent errors that newbies make drives new subbers away, I can attest.  I will never share another one of my efforts.  Bien-Mignon-Mais did excellent work, often same-day turnaround, focused on shows that many did not, and does not deserve to be criticized, even obliquely.  All of us have egos, and especially you so-called "Leaders".  Why dont you work out a way to mark your "superior" posts as "better", rather than deleting the older, quicker ones for, in your view, the greater good?  There are some valid reasons why people might want, even prefer, quick, imperfect subs over your delayed, perfect ones.  Why not let the users choose?  Do you guys "own" this site, or is it supposed to be an association of volunteers trying to help others, many like me with hearing trouble?     I suppose now I will be banned for expressing an attitude that is not sanctioned by the "Seniors".  That will be the supreme demonstration of the Senior Subber Ego.  (NOTE to Bien-Mignon-Mais: tell us what site you want to move to and we will follow.  Or, I guess you could change your username - feel free to use kinglouisxxi.)

Dear @jreynolds,

Was I in any way rude or discrespectful towards bien-mignon-mais? Cause that's what you're being right now.

We won't even give you the satisfaction of getting banned. You're just making a fool of yourself.

Now, the subs for DCI Banks have been uploaded, so topic closed.

• Like 1

• kinglouisxx locked this topic

Dear jreynolds,

Everybody gets a different status as it depends from the number of your posts.

The basic rule is there is only one (video) version per language available. It is a team effort and also my previous version where replaced for better ones. Goal is to get the best possible version for down loaders available. This can be edits for small errors, which everybody can do. If the changes are large its sometimes better to replace the whole .srt, but you need a status for that. In my experience a thank you comment is placed for the work done.

There are websites where everybody can upload, regardless the quality etc. Feel free to go there and find out your favorite episode or movie is a Google Translate. Goal is when downloading from addic7ed you can expect some decent work and possible the reasons it's comes around for free for many years.

I can slightly understand what you mean, but everybody is welcome here to (learn) translate or to become a syncer. Learning how to become a good translator is not easy, everybody is welcome, but don't get upset if there will be edits or better version placed. We all had to learn!

I can relate if somebody puts time and effort in a .srt, but you response is quite rude,
The fact your not getting banned shows their are not much bad ego's but willing volunteers.

Kind regards,

Edited by BorisVictor
  • Like 6

• chamallow unlocked this topic

BorisVictor:  Thank you for taking the time to explain to me how sub replacements work at the site.  I apologize for being rude in my earlier message.  I mistakenly interpreted the discussion that BMM was being criticized for her efforts and I guess that a feeling of misplaced "chivalry" took over.  It won't happen again.  Sorry, jrey

• Like 2

• kinglouisxx locked this topic